Pet Peeve #INFINITY - Thanos gonna cry

Lor’themar was addressing the player character when he said this. This does not prove it was an NPC who did the questline.

Lonecreek, this thread was meant for peeves that are petty, not peeves that make you petty

By the way can we just move on? I’m very confident that we’ll never agree on this topic here

3 Likes

A little sword fighting? This is quite the in-depth character development.

2 Likes

Except when you play WoW you play as the player character, and that is who he was addressing. The player character. Show me where, in lore, that quest line was done by anyone else.

No, he is, as you posted, addressing a champion of Silvermoon- Which in our case is the player, but equally it could be anybody else who meets those requirements, too.

He is literally speaking to you, the player character. The one who just did the questline at his side moments ago. How is he addressng anyone else when no one else did that questline with him at the time, canonically?

1 Like

That we’ve spent like 200 comments arguing with the same one guy whether using a set of armor IC is okay or not, despite neither of us changing our minds.

NEXT PEEVES PLEASE

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see Lonecreek with his Tauren Heritage Set and pretend it’s not Baine himself who gave it to him but made it himself.

3 Likes

I don’t plan on using it, especially if it’s as special as the belf one.

1 Like

Because time and space in the game are inconsistent, for one. As Blizzard have stated themselves, expansions have ±1 year between them, even when the actual events take 2-3 years sometimes.

So it could have been your character that you play, or an NPC, as the onyxia and defias brotherhood examples have shown. There’s no concrete proof. Both are plausible.

Again, he adresses a “Champion of Silvermoon”. You need to be exalted and high enough level to be that. Both players and NPC’s can reach this topic, including multiple player characters.

Guys it’s clear you won’t agree upon the subject but it’s clear that Lonecreek is the only one who thinks you shouldn’t use your heritage armor. Therefore the minority while a good majority here seems fine with it.

Just go on have your own fun at this point. Honestly we get so little racial/faction pride that I would hardly restrain anyone from wanting to use them.

6 Likes

Irrelevant and does nothing to show it was anyone but the player character who did it.

Show me a source that demonstrates it was anyone but the player character who did it. The fact there has been similar retcons before, about unreleated quests, is not evidence.

He addresses the player character. The fact that the title is used by others is not evidence he was addressing anyone else.

1 Like

Okay, that’s it! Every one of you shut up, right now!

If we can’t come to an agreement, then I will enforce a new rule, and if anyone doesn’t like it, then they can kiss a Tauren!

From now on, we will ALL be naked! No armor, no clothing, no nothing. Because it would be infringing on the world’s canon if we decide to wear the Hauberk of the Warlord, because we are not “The Warlord” for the Hauberk to wear. Neither will we wear the starting armor when we make a level 1 character, because it implies that we are of a Class.

And we will also use NO weapons, for weapons infringe on the copyright of the original weapon user. That battleaxe that Grunts use? We cannot use it, because it is THE Axe of the common Orcish Grunt.

We shall also name ALL of our character Rob (If male) and Sheila (If female), with no titles or last names, for we could infringe on a canonical name if we choose our last name or title.

Also, we are not to have ANY personality. Because it could easily infringe on the copryrighted personality of a Grunt if our Orc is a stoic protector sort, or a Stormwind Footman if we want our characters to wish to enlist in an army.

These laws shall be dispensed and in place as of now, and anyone who doesn’t follow them shall be banished and scrutinized from the server.

There? Is that what you folks want? All of us to be naked with no personality, weapons or any characteristics?

6 Likes

Doesn’t matter waht you think, it’s in the lore, it works.

Sure, it can happen! Therefore it’s plausible.

If the questline was exclusive and only 1 character could do it your argument would work but since it doesn’t it’s instead a dumpster fire.

He doesn’t say “Player character (or anything equilevant for them standing out from the rest)”. He says “Champion of Silvermoon”

A chance for Loras, Knight of Stormwind, to show his quality.

2 Likes

Tbh, Lonecreek. It’s pretty clear nobody’s going to come to an agreement here and whilst your view is perfectly valid and I don’t wanna diminish that, pls don’t be upset when the vast majority of roleplayers don’t conform to it.

Agree to disagree as it were.

3 Likes

:poop:posting aside for a minute, this whole “bUt ThErE’s OnLy OnE hErO” thing falls apart when you consider that other player characters are well capable of doing the quest, and we have access to both female and male characters. Is one of them non-canon then? What if my interpretation of the gender of the Blood Elf player character differs from yours?

Either there’s two Blood Elf heroes, in which case the main argument that there can only be one falls apart and the outfit is well capable of being replicated, or then there’s one and we can dispute who the hero actually is, in which case we can’t argue about the identity of the “Champion of Silvermoon” it’s offered to. It could be literally anyone canonically.

2 Likes

Guys, stop, this topic is done, we wont come to an agreement

2 Likes

Amen to that.

2 Likes

The fact it’s possible doesn’t make it lore. You, the player character, went around Quel’thalas doing the ceremony in the year 33 alongside Lor’themar and Liadrin. Because that was the quest. That is what happened.

Lor’themar Theron yells: It is my honor to present you with the regalia of our greatest heroes.

You. You. You the player character then get the heritage armor.

1 Like