Pet Peeve: The Undying

I guess an actual peeve of mine is the loss of that doe-eyed innocence I once had when I was new to Argent Dawn. I was initially on the edge about actually RPing. I liked the lore, but I was one of those people who transferred to AD when my old server began to die out and thought the atmosphere and high population was endearing.

But then I saw that the Ashes of Draenor campaign was about to start and I decided I might as well give it a go. I joined the Grommash Offensive as they were willing to let a new guy like me tag along, and it was one of the best memories I have on this realm.

I remember we were trapped in the ruins nearby Auchindoun in Bone Wastes, surrounded by Alliance. We were ready to charge out to meet our fate and I thought if I die now, by RP rules my character must be dead for good or something.

Then Reavers of Wolfbane as they were called back then and the Mok’lohn Command arrived from the east like Gandalf and the Rohirrim at the Battle for Helm’s Deep on the first light of the fifth day. While nowadays people usually complain that you’re just summoning reinforcements when :poop: goes sideways, back then some scouts from Wolfbane and Mok’lohn were patrolling when they came across us being surrounded. They really quickly rode back to Stonebreaker Hold and rallied the troops.

We made it out alive and won that battle. That’s when I knew that Argent Dawn is the realm for me. And after 6 years with Aerilen and Loras slowly corroding my will away, I feel like I might never experience another moment like that. And that makes me sad.

10 Likes