Pet Peeve: Wrath of the 20K Post Cap

But i knew how to do it already.

I’m on annual leave next week and the person in the office next to me has a horrible cold and I swear if I get a cold on my week off I’m coming back and beating them up. Especially since they have the capacity and option to work from home! Why come into the office if you’re just going to spread sickness?

1 Like

On a similar note, the colleague who works next to me told me his son has just been to Milan and came back with flu symptoms. He went to the GP to get checked up and they have put him in isolation until someone can come and test him to check it’s not you know what since northern Italy is a bit of a hot zone atm

If it is, then my colleague is also at risk because they were in contact after he came back. Then if my colleague is infected then …

I feel like containment is a bit of a lost dream at this point, seems to spread faster than they can isolate it and they’re just playing catch up.

Stock up on non-perishables while you can yeah

Vol’jin yelling at my Vulpera, my Vulpera; “who the hell is this guy?”

Gets Thas’dorah and imediately discards if for her sniper rifle.

my NEET period comes to an end, as I start work on monday. Can’t believe 1½ months flew by so quickly, feels like I barely had time to actually relax.

My wife finally twisted my arm yesterday and we watched that Netflix documentary Gamechangers.

Really wish we hadn’t, I knew I’d hate it because the evidence presented is super compelling.

1 Like

Post deleted

I heard it had quite a few factual inaccuracies. I’m always wary with “scientific documentaries” because they’re very often agenda-driven, and very biased in what “scientific evidence” they present.
Often times they take conspiracy level theories and present them as factual, while themselves being funded by interest groups / manufacturers of the product they’re supporting. I think that’s actually also the case for Game Changers.

1 Like

Me and the wife started this recently and are working through Season 3. Such a great show, just hoping we don’t end up getting hit with a major spoilers before we make it to current.

That is my same feel at the moment. It was very compelling, but anything can be made compelling in the right framework.

We’re going to start doing two veggie days a week which is just a good thing to do anyway regardless of the documentary, but I’ll do some research and see how much of what was presented actually holds weight.

1 Like

The documentary, while very interesting & has some nice points to it, does boldly claim that it is indesputible, 100% fact that every single study that give any kind of plus whatsoever towards non-vegan products(so anything dairy or meat) is callously false & funded by big meat industry, while failing to see that a majority of studies that show that vegan food is 100% superiour(instead of being a good thing to balance with) is infact itself funded by people who is selling vegan products.

They also do a bunch of other claims that very heavily skew facts. I’m all for people going vegan or trying vegan & or vegeterian food,it can be really healthy sometimes if you balance it out, but it won’t solve every issue in the world, nor is it the absolute healthiest. A good balance is however.

But this documenteray says that it’s essentially a fact if everyone stopped eating meat, today, this second, then all wars & every problem the planet has, goes away in an instant.

God, we really do live in a society :clown_face:

deleted post

1 Like

This was where the documentary lost me right towards the end, where it basically said we would save the planet by going vegan.

It reminds me of Cowspiracy. When ever someone tells you to “go see this documentary” as part of their argumentation, I just feel an overwhelming need to not talk to them ever again.

I bet these are the same people who cite “Nobbel” videos as lore references.

1 Like

It lacks a bit of self-awareness when it essentially plays like a commercial, since Cameron who produced it, and most people who worked in the documentary, all got vegan products they sell.

I find it a little amusing that whenever documentaries like that are made, that basically shames you for liking meat & proclaims what you should be eating to save the world, it’s always made by & or starring some big mega star(Cowspiracy was a product of Leonardo DiCaprio) who can easily afford to pick up the super eco-friendly products(which are quite expensive in alot of cases).

But yeah, for alot of everyday-people, alot of the vegan products & or eco friendly is more expensive & quite costly, often by quite alot. And in alot of cases, the price is soley for the sake of exlusiveness.

1 Like