Pet peeves: The return (Part 8)

I’ve found that if you close the youtube app while watching a short, it will ALWAYS autoplay a random short when you open it again.

The only way to avoid this is to make sure you’re not closing the app directly from a video but from the main youtube page.

Why not just open videos in a browser?

1 Like

my friend just told me this when i foolishly asked them if they’d made an earthen yet

wild

1 Like

I do that most of the time, but if I am doing something in another room that needs done or things cooking, I sometimes like to have something on my phone, either music or a video on a topic I am interested in.

Also my phone can’t run youtube in the browser for some reason.

And sometimes I just look at shorts(though far less).

my wife recently got me into instagram reels and it’s crazy how quickly you get sucked into that blackhole and realise you’ve just wasted an hour of your life doing absolutely nothing of value

the shorts format works and that’s why everyone is copying it ad nauseum

2 Likes

Yeah there is some pattern to it but sometimes it’s just “shorts time now :)”
Think that’s less youtube’s intention and more it being a buggy mess as usual though

I really should go back to just doing that yeah
Had to stop because mobile browser got funky with youtube but it should probably be back to working normally again

For some reason never stuck with me
Had it for a while but found it to be really, really annoying with little content I actually want to look at
Odd, since for a while all of the art people kept insisting on using it

1 Like

The biggest annoyance with youtube shorts is that regardless of what short you watched, youtube will take it as you liking all short categories and begin to flood your recommended with awful AI voices repeating basic plot points from movies.

Or cute animal videos that get ruined by putting on that one “voice” (In general I kinda hate voiced animal videos, because the joke dialogue is never funny, its grating, just let me look at the cute cats on their own.)

1 Like

Give us the raw cat content
no speech
only meow

1 Like

Exactly this!

I don’t mind text if you wanna do that, but please do not dub the voices I beg you. Its always awful.

1 Like

It’s the only social media I still have, mainly because I can see photos of my friends and family without all of the garbage that comes with Facebook.

It’s still bloated with adverts and “suggested” content but it’s much easier to filter out and unless I get pulled into the reels section I am not stuck scrolling for long or constantly looking at it.

3 Likes

I always knew you were an instagram queen Mito.

1 Like

can’t believe you’d be stupid enough to believe that the new race announced as part of the expansion would be available at release
you absolute buffoon

2 Likes

sits proudly with no instaface or mygram accounts

Only social media interaction I have is watching children in the playground practicisng dances they want to film later.
I do not like these dances. Not because of the occasionally far too adult orientated movements, that ship sailed so many years we ago we lost that fight in and outside of schools, but because they insist on trying to do backflips on concrete.

Do not do that. It makes school staff incredibly wary.

2 Likes

Leo’s ashes are at the vets.

Got to bring myself to go collect them.

12 Likes

Big hugs sent to you

4 Likes

Yeah, not pressing the like on that one , but as you know, you’ve my sympathies aswell.

Hasn’t been a good time for pets recently, a friend of mine came home yesterday to her degu suddenly having passed away ( from old age probably but still).

3 Likes

The like is for sympathy.

10 Likes

I don’t use Instagram and know nothing about it besides “isn’t it that photo sharing service where all photos have to be square because screw you that’s why”.

Maybe it hasn’t been the case for years, I don’t know.

I mostly scroll and don’t really post very much. But I’m going through the same thing at the moment and I wanted to give my condolences, from a familiar place. It’s crushing.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss my dude.

It sucks.

2 Likes