Pet weekly quest is buged?

i meant very best 5 pvp win weekly quest.
prevous event happen to only able do very best quest with 1 caracter.
at pasty i can do all my caracters
now cant
have 5 120 and like 25 over 111-115 caracters.
when i do 1 toon never ever able see again weekly.
anyone have same problem.
prevous event at i think its buged didnt mind it buyt now again and its hurt me much.at least can do 10 caracter ton of progress and lvling stones without motivation dont wana do pet battle pvp.

I only got the quest on one character too. When I turned it in, it wasn’t available for other characters.

I do not know whether it is a bug, or intended. I’ll ask some other people.

EDIT

Remte suggests checking New Dalaran as well as Boralus. Have you tried there?

It is gone. The quest from Legion is no longer.

These quests are marked as account-level, so I imagine it’s intended.

Yes, the weekly (pvp) pet battle quest is account wide. This has been the case for a very long time, as far as i remember since its release.

Accepting the quest on one of your characters will show it in the quest log of all your characters, progress will count towards the quest from each of your characters and once you have completed it you can turn it in on any of your characters, after which it will no longer be available for the rest of the week.

This is the case for most battle pet related content, both weekly quests and (challenge) pet-dungeons, with one of the very few (and most notable) exceptions being the pet world quests in Legion and BFA zones.

If you don’t mind redoing content over and over on multiple alts in order to speed up the growth of your pet collection then your 5+ max level characters can each do as many of the 4 daily pet WQ as you want, for large amounts of charms/trainingstones/battlestones and (if you need them) bandages and the like. If you’re anything like myself or (likely) most other players you’ll soon find this is more than enough repeated content to keep things moving along while not burning out.

It may also be worth keeping in mind that if the weekly quests were indeed not account wide, there would be little to stop you from creating new level 1 (or 110 class trial) characters over and over non-stop, just to keep repeating that quest on those characters. Seeing as both your used pets and the rewards (charms, battlestones, etc.) are account wide this would effectively make the weekly quests repeatable with huge rewards and without limits, which just doesn’t seem like a good idea for a game like this.

What you descrive is the usual thing for other weeklies, like dungeons. However, before this, in Legion, having turned the PvP weekly in on one character, we could take it again on another character. It seems that the PvP weekly has been made consistent with the others.

I don’t mind. I don’t need more purple stones anyway, and I used to feel a bit guilty because I wasn’t bothering to get more.

1 Like

Ah, seems you’re right.

He was talking about the BfA Weekly Bonus Event from Dazaralor/Boralus, which (once every 2 months or so) can be the pvp pet battle one. I was thinking of the weekly quest that is available every week from Orgrimmar, Stormwind, Shrine of the 2 Moons and the like. Both are account wide Weekly quests that reward stones for winning pvp pet battles.

The Legion Pet battle Bonus Event (now removed) was indeed not account wide, but the ones from Mists of Pandaria (still available), Warlords of Draenor (now removed) and now Battle for Azeroth (available) are all classified as account wide Weekly quests.

I suspect that the Legion version being the outlier was probably just an oversight they rolled with, or an attempt to bring that quest more in line with the other (not pet related) weekly bonus events.

Seeing as these quests revolve around pet battles, the most account based activity we have in this game, and 3 out of the 4 recent expansions have all had it classified as account wide weekly i would say this is very likely (and sensibly) by design.

As a small side note: it may be worth noting that 4 of the pet battle WQ that passed by today gave charms, for a total of over 70 Charms; and of course these are repeatable on each of your level 120 characters. Between your 5 characters that should give you at least 6 or more Ultimate Battle-Training Stones for considerably less time spent than with the Weekly bonus event.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.