PET xp nerffed?

So I need to level a few pets I need for dungeons, not a problem I say to myself, old spots old methods, Ill have those pets to 25 in max 10 minutes or so.

I do Dreanor Shadowmoon Valley trainer with 2 lvl pets and 1 killer, so 2 pets get XP I dont get even nearly as much XP I gained in the past, pets get +4 lvls …

Then I head to my old pet battle spot and start farming on my DK alt … sure good idea right, 2 lvls gained to DK and my pets are barely lvl 20 …

why was there a nerf to pet battle xp gains (and yes I am using hat for bonus 10%)? Are you planning on newer players to not want to do pet battles?

Bring the old XP gain back please.

Check again.

Ofc, with two pets, each will get half of the total XP, So it depends what levels they were at when you started, since pets at different levels get different amounts of XP.

But XP hasn’t been nerfed. If it had, we’d see angry mobs with pitchforks here and on Xu-Fu’s and on WCP and in the Discord … and we don’t. :slight_smile:

you don’t :stuck_out_tongue: :smudge:

Maybe you were using Pet Treats on your earlier attempt(s) as well ?

I said that about a month ago and no one believed me. It still happens when im fighting for example Kura Thunderhoof in Garrison, with my standard team of 2 25s and a leveling pet. At the end of the fight sometimes I get full 4Kish pet xp and other times only around 2.7K xp.
I had a post here in the forums Pet Battle Dailies reward only half pet xp? - #5 by Kolniður-stormscale

As said in the other thread not all Erris/Kura’s pets are 25, today I had them all 23.

Also the experience obtained is highly dependant on the original level, against a level 25 pet the levels 10 and 11 get the most. But Xu-Fu tables have it covered.

I’m sorry I never checked back to see your edit/update. Since there was no new post, it didn’t show on the forums as a new post, I expect.

I have done the exercise on this now. Please check it out!

Um … they don’t. The XP table on Xu-Fu’s shows 3100 as the expected XP from Moon & Co. I’ll mention it to Aranesh.

I know this can be dumb question but maybe those bigger xp is when you have weekly buff which gives increased pet experience?

Well, there is that as well. There are several buffs that change XP, and Sign of the Critter is the biggest, but I think in this case the issue was the tamer pet levels.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.