/petautocasttoggle not working with Scorpid Poison

I am trying to make a macro for my pet Scorpid in TBC Classic that would toggle Claw and Scorpid Poison on and off. The idea is to have a one button macro to switch between the two pet abilities, allowing the poison to be applied as quick as possible then switch to Claw until the poison needs maintaining.

However, even though /petautocasttoggle Claw works. /petautocasttoggle Scorpid Poison does not. In fact it gives me a red error message saying “Your pet already knows that spell”. Which is less than helpful. Also using ‘on’ or ‘off’ in place of ‘toggle’ doesn’t work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try Scorpio Poison() or shift-clicking the spell from your spellbook.

Up if you have more info

Scorpid Poison Rank 5 is bugged. Basically, all TBC pet abilities are bugged and you can’t make
/cast
/petautocaston
/petautocastoff
/use
etc.

with all TBC abilites.
There’s a bug with spell IDs apparently, because the following line: /cast Scorpid Poison
makes an attempt to teach your pet that ability.

WORKAROUND#1
Use /click
/click PetActionButton6 LeftButton (for toggling) , #1-10 depending on your pet bar.
Not a perfect solution really.

WORKAROUND#2
Using classic ranks of Scorpid Poison. Not a bad solution as you might think, because for example Rank 1 only costs 10 Training Points, and Hunters usually don’t care about its damage when it comes to Viper Sting protection.
IMPORTANT!
You have to ALWAYS specify (Rank 1), otherwise
/cast Scorpid Poison
will just teach your pet

But.
/cast Scorpid Poison(Rank 1)
/petautocaston Scorpid Poison(Rank 1)
will work

Max Classic Rank is Rank 4.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Thanks this explains my problems. My Growl toggle worked for rank 7 but not rank 8.
Sadly your mentioned workaround is not usable for my macro.

/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl(Rank 8)
/petautocastoff [group] Growl(Rank 8)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.