Petition to Remove Raider IO from Game

So as the title says,i believe raider io should be removed from the game or for blizzard should not allow such a discriminating thing to be used in this game.Over many years i have watched how the community has been ruined by gear score and toxic raider io is to the game and unfortunately i have to say things like this should not be allowed in a mmorpg.this game should be about how experienced the players are in the role they want to fulfill and to enjoy it but not based on some stupid number what can be abused by carrying.Sorry to say but anyone who disagrees is either stupid or have no common sense how such thing ruin the community and the whole experience of the game.People are rating each other by a website or addon that tells them how good is the other player is at the game?Well beg me pardon but even the most stupid players can get high raider io/gs by just being carried and to who miss some time out of the game but still have more experience get back behind because of some numbers that reset at almost every patch.There for i would like to ask the people who agree whit this, to help to be raider io to be removed from the game.

27 Likes

When I pug I am happy to be informed of how well geared and how much experience other players have.

When I try to get into groups above my experience I get rejected. So I simply must raise my score by learning higher keys slowly. I do this by pushing my key, sometimes things work out, others it doesn’t.

TLDR: You want a boost.

24 Likes

Whats the deal with this rio hate? Is it just noobs who whine because they cant trick themselves into groups they shouldnt join or is there any legit reason to hate it?

7 Likes

Petitions are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard. You’re completely wasting your time.

2 Likes

Just by rising your raider io score in next season what is reseted wont make you good at that if you have just started and your io is higher at that point while others spent the whole begging of the expansion to understand the mechanics of a dungeon or raid rising the same score and being reseted,now people would say if you quit for a while and have no problem raider io that you are stupid because you lost all the progress what you have been working for before

Wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference to be honest. People will just find a way to measure how good they think (remember that it’s important to the context) you are without actually letting you join.

3 Likes

Its noobs like you who think they know better just because they’re have some numbers generated while your friends where boosting you whit your 30 achievements points

1 Like

Well it is Saturday after all.
Why exactly do you hate raider.io? The community being toxic isn’t something you can blame on rio.

1 Like

But its a gearcheck aswell? If you have been taking a break your gear prolly isnt that good and you shouldnt join high keys am I right?

1 Like

1)Please use paragraphs
2)Read Welcome, Please Read!

Its against rules for petition

3)RIO is a tool to help don’t blame blizzard ,blame the players.

4)Only thing blizzard could do is stop the API but there not breaking any rules.

4 Likes

My 14 years of experience in gaming and MMOs is not quantified into raider IO, neither is me starting straight from +10 which I have never done before and understanding every affix mechanic after seeing it once is quantified into my IO score.

I don’t need an IO to show my experience or knowledge, maybe people should stop trying to get boosted and be honest with applying to m+ groups which are for their skill level and ilvl?

2 Likes

Its the amount of stupidity that is effecting the gameplay what bothers me,i play since tbc and what i can tell one of the downfall of this game is raider io,people cant get into dungeons to enjoy the game they wish to play without being criticised because of some stupid number that has never existed before,there where ofc gear limitation for dungeons and raids but now some website or addon will actually tell someone how good is the other player is at the game?would you believe that in a word where people buy boosts for gold or to get a required number for xy dungeon without even knowing what they are doing to be considered to be right in the world biggest mmorpg that most of our plant players know?

1 Like

Gearscore existed for a looong time and just ilvl is a very poor metric of ones experience.

Rio is the best adaptation of this we’ve had yet.

2 Likes

No it tells you how much experience people have in dungeons, if rio didn’t exist I’d either not pug or just ask every applicant for their keystone master.

3 Likes

If i was end geared last expansion and played through the game until the latest patch came out sitting in 425 but with no raider io as it was reseted you be still considered as a fresh started because you dont have io and joined the game later

1 Like

It does show your score from the last season.

3 Likes

Yeah exactly. If you had a great score last season that will show.

The problem is if you start a group for +10 whatever dung. Atleast 50% of the people signing want to get carried, prolly even more than 50%. Rio can rule out most of those people.

2 Likes

I would disagree on this

1 Like

There are a lot of people who don’t like the addon, why don’t you start listing “no raider io” groups in finder and just ignore everyone who uses it?

4 Likes

Thing is people could

Make friends
Join a guild
Make own group and push
Join one of the really good community’s like SoD on alliance and make friends via there or join one of the mythic + community going .

2 Likes