Pets in new raids

Ok, this is enough for me.
After the latest patch they introduced lots of pets. Its ok, its cool its fine. But a amount of those pets are available only as drops from raids…
Pet collectors typically are casual players. Raiders dont bother do pet battles. Now why they put pets in raids? To force casuals do raids? Or another source of income from raiders?
I fed up with blizzard forcing me change my casual playstyle for getting the new pets.

1 Like

I don’t understand? What pets from raids are a problem? Micronax is the only one I can think of, and that’s nothing compared to Bucketshell/Sir Snips for PvP. Micronax can’t be hard now, at 120. And then there was Graves, a reward from playing a different game, which was a serious slap in the face. I still get annoyed about that.

They mean the pets that are in the raid for 8.2.
Top tip with the wild pets for anyone who doesn’t raid is to wait for lfr and catch them then.
I do understand what the OP is saying why have pets as a reward from raiding when it isn’t something they would necessarily want. It would make more sense to have pet rewards from pet content but Acti-Blizz wants players to play as much as possible so it doesn’t happen.

What pets are in the Eternal Palace? I haven’t heard of any. Like the Dream Whelplings? Yes, I shared a lock to help some people to get that back in Legion. As you say, you can just wait to find someone who has cleared it, and accept their lock, and then walk around undisturbed. Or clear an LFR wing. If that’s it?

Blackchasm Crawler, Chitterspine Deepstalker and Trench Slug are the wild pets in the raid.
Then there’s 4 drop pets too.

Thank you. I somehow managed to miss that information.

Yes, I saw the new pet source in Journal. Ok, i can go with friends in Megatron dungeon when it will be released.
But in raid… It will be lots of preparation.
About farming them in LFR… as random guys will get in obviously, the personal chance will be always 1/25 at least and then will be the drop chance of the pet from the boss itself…, With ‘friends’ at least you may someday get it or a guildie give it to you. For a casual this is totally impossible to farm it in LFR.
And as i mentioned before, supposed to be for casuals…

Otherwise… I will have to wait -2- expansions to be able to solo that raid… maybe after 5-6 years?

But after looking at the Pet Journal, the four drop pets are tradable.

This has been the way they have done it since Throne of Thunder. Son of Animus, Living Sandling. Pets drop in raids, people who don’t do pets sell them. People who don’t do raids, or can’t wait to get lucky, buy them.

Is there anything new about this?

The price in AH. even the slime pet goes for 200.000 gold. in AH.
So they put that for raiders to pay the repair bills from the casuals?

50K on Silvermoon

https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/silvermoon/battlepet/2187

100K EU average.

And that will fall further as we go through the expansion. I remember when Son of Animus was 200K - and that was Mists 200K, which would be several million in BfA gold.

And YES, they absolutely and positively DO put things in raids do that raiders make gold, to compensate for their time and trouble, and all the business they (used to) put out to people who sold them things from professions. BoEs especially, but pets as well.

I’m not supporting more raid pets. I agree with Rosqo that I prefer pets to come from battling. But compared to insults like Graves, or even the Honor 400 pets, I consider cageable raid pets are a minor grumble

Hm.

I made 200K today selling 5 Ikkies.

So I guess there’s an opportunity for pet battlers to make the gold to buy those BoEs. :stuck_out_tongue:

Frankly.
An alternative for a raider to selling boosts?
Seems neat no matter which side you belong to.
:salt:
Of course, that could be just more boosts aswell.
But seems too random for that.

Usually pets from raids are cheap, except that slime from that dungeon (wich it seems is quite a rare drop) , i dont remember exactly the names,what-ever.
I have all pets from raids untill this patch, including thoose from BoD. Some i farmed and some i bought from AH. I never payed more than 10k/pet and majority of them are below 4-5k gold(especially pets bellow Cata raids). Now,at start, Eternal Palace raid pets will cost a bit more, but if you have pacience, after a few months, usually 2-3 months, the price will drop significantly.
You have quite a nice collection. I am a little bit gealous. :slight_smile:
Congratulations

Thanks a lot Arkamedix, i try to have collected them all, at least those i can still get. Being a collector myself I know how much pain is to collect them… Now… cost money also…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.