Phase 2. November 12th

That’s actually great, it means we’re getting BGs in about two months, just after term exams.

This is not vanilla timeline.

1. Vanilla was released at patch 1.1 on November 7, 2004.
  2. World bosses were released at patch 1.3 on March 7, 2005. 4 months later.
  3. Honor was introduced at patch 1.4 on April 8, 2005. 1 month later.

So in compliance with original timeline honor system should be released on January 30 and world bosses with DM should have been released on December, 30.

Classic timeline is literally 2x rushed.

9 Likes

Tbh I think it’s too early for phase 2, I thought I have more time to level my alts. PvPing as a resto shaman is not really fun

7 Likes

For me it’s too early. Not even 60 on my main, I wanted to level an alt and also enjoy getting more geared, levelling fishing etc but it’s all rush rush rush in the game nowadays… I miss vanilla where there seemed to be longer time gaps for things.

5 Likes

You have a job, so you’re not getting a world boss in the upcoming months :smiley: Unless you’re playing some dead server.

Also, what is this dragon bias? My favorite dragon is Kazzak!

No wonder, I recall the honor system hitting just as I made 60 back in vanilla, and that it felt like there was no bloody way that journey was only 3 months.

Now I know why, the “it’s the same timeline!” folks are just wrong. Thanks for correcting.

2 Likes

Elf, did you live in America at the time?

WoW released in February 2005 in Europe and honor came in April. Two months.

My favourite world boss in phase 2 will be the Horde Player :blush:

classic was releaced later in europe

Azuregos, cause I want that Crystal Adorned Crown for my Resto shaman

It’s definitely too early and I don’t get why this rush. Not even 3 months in, wtf? This only alienate the more casual players and probably even the semi-hardcore ones. Also why letting it know not even 2 weeks in advance? At least give some more time, inform the player base a month ahead.
I don’t really get this.

7 Likes

its later than vanilla wow in europe

By that logic, Classic should’ve released only in the US on Aug 27th

1 Like

Oh god please help me, I still have a long way to level haha

people in eu back then delt with it… and they had no clue how the game worked, just grow up and deal with it

i’m just saying than back in the day peopel were able to deal with a harder situation. SO the people crying now are just pathetic

Back then there weren’t quite as many hardcore players as now, though. I’ve played on a pvp realm back then (Hakkar EU) and it wasn’t anywhere as cutthroat as Gehennas or Firemaw nowadays. You can’t really make that kind of comparison, the situation is completely different.

2 Likes

vanilla is not about catering to the casual noobs that can’t reach 60 in over 2 months

1 Like

Wouldn’t surprise me if all the content is released within a year so they hope everyone will go over to Shadowlands after that…

4 Likes

Lol, back then even the fastest leveller took 1 month to reach 60 and most ppl took 3 months or more since launch.

To me, it feels just like you want Classic to cater to your own playstyle, everything else be damned. At least you should have the honesty of admitting it, rather than trying to make arguments as if Classic was the same back then or as if the timeline they’re following now mirrors the same one they followed back then.

4 Likes