Phasing and sharding single handedly killed World of Warcraft

The amount of players who want to run 20 man mythic is considerably higher than the number of players who have the skill to do it.

If 24 other people wanted to do 25 man raid then that’s the problem solved.

IMO what most people want is a smooth run where everyone shows up.
People want to do the hard raid, but they need 19 other people.
It’s daunting and off putting.

I’m sure that’s true, but inexperienced players will likely never get the chance to find out

Many bad design decisions have been “killing” WoW over the years. Of the last three expansions, I couldn’t call a single one of them objectively good. Legion perhaps, in that it was AT LEAST better than WoD. WoD was as disastrous as its launch right to the bitter end.

The one thing I would say that is definitively “killing” WoW is Blizzard’s continued stubbornness.

They refuse to accept that perhaps MAYBE, just maybe, something could have been better implemented and spent some more time in the designing stage. That is proven by their consistent inaction over the years on issues the people playing their game is in consensus over: X idea was f-ing bad.

I will mention this again.
Sharding made so that players can “visit” other player’s servers for as long as they want.
This means multiboxers take advantage of servers where other multiboxers arent present, where solo-players want to peacefully farm mobs.
Because, what-the-hell-whats-the-point-of-chosing-a-low-pop-server???

Here is the post of how problematic it is: Please nerf Multiboxing or remove them!

i honestly don’t see a problem with LFD or LFR.

But titanforging was a project that was implemented poorly and terribly. It had a decent potential tbh, but they failed. It’s better off being removed completely and replaced with items that allow you to add sockets and lvls the way mana pearls do.

I really hope this new system they gonna use in wow classic is gonna be better than the sharding we have in current wow and hopefully they’ll implement it in future xpac…

The problem with LFD is that it made communication unnecessary. Instances are extremely easy in every stage of the expansions, which further enforces this problem. Without communication there will be no bond between the members, which will result in occasional kicks, which will result crying on the forums.

Before LFD you had to look for members and once you got them you were reluctant to kick them as you would have to return to the capital and then get summed again. As a result instead of kicking players, people simply thought others in instances. I remember back in Wrath when I seriously started to play, a Fire Mage pulled me over after the instance and basically taught me how the game works and invited me to his clan.

LFR is a different case, basically it is there so that really casual players can experience the raids as well. This is all good and dandy, but it has severe side-effects. One is Titanforging. On the second week my Druid got a higher iLvL item then it could get from normal, totally undeserved. By my iLvL one might just invite me to a normal pug group, while I’m a horrible tank who doesn’t know the tactics, cos they can only see my iLvl.

The other issue is that LFR basically kills of the urge in many players to participate in endgame. Why would they start raiding when they can see the raid and get the equivalent gear in M+? I have experienced in my server that it is almost impossible to find players who willingly raid on given days either because they don’t care about the endgame, or simply unwilling to show up on every Thursdays and Sundays.

As the content grows, you can’t expect LFD not to exist. Between world bosses and dungeons and all the other crap that’s going on, general chat would be a nightmare to deal with. It worked back in the day. It won’t work anymore.

As for your problem with LFR, Like i said. The problem is the titanforging.

And your second problem is legitimately my biggest issue after titanforging, with this game.

Mythic+ reward system. Grinding keys, and doing time races. Following a specific rule. Pulling this. Avoiding that. It’s all garbage. And in the end, you get better gears than heroic raiding. And nothing else even comes close to what you get from mythic+. Not pvp. Not raiding. Nothing. which is ridiculous and should be looked at.

1 Like

Strongly agree with that. The only reason it get into the game is E-Sports.

LFD and LFG might be in a single window, but they are very much a different thing. When you simply que to a dungeon, only a fraction of the players will be willing to talk to you (at least in my experience), but when you are inviting and running mythic+ communication is Much More frequent.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/290643339831934976/601139202846883851/IMG_20190717_054347.png

Mythic raiding does.

yea. goodluck doing Mythic raiding unless you’re 0.001% of the playerbase.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.