Phasing in RP realms

Can we please not do that?
Or like, do it for the first day or two of the event to avoid the lag?
Or even better, find another solution to deal with the lag, that doesn’t come with fully killing all non-organized RP on the server for the full duration of the event?

And you might say “why is this fool posting this in general?”
Well, hoping to catch a community manager’s attention I suppose? Should be more likely than on a server subforum?

5 Likes

I doubt they’ll do anything in relation to the phasing of a single server, especially considering this is just a event, that was meant to last a full week, but was extended by 4 additional days.

Latency sucks for everyone, but it’s not effecting everyone during this event. I can only recommend that if you and others have things scheduled RP wise, that you just relocate the event to another location within the game.

Of course there is no harm in asking.

Hopefully you and others can get back to what you were doing in a timely manner without any further interruptions.

The issue isn’t with scheduled stuff.
It’s like, if you flew over Stormwind - even during the day - on say, Argent Dawn, there were players sitting around chatting in character, or doing other stuff. You could just walk up to another random person regardless if you knew them out of character, say hello, and sort of just get an instant, random bit of roleplaying.

Phasing, as you can imagine kills that. Fly over Stormwind now, it’s basically a ghost town.

I am aware that this is a highly specific issue relating to no one other than people on RP realms, who also engage in RP, which is a vast minority of WoW’s playerbase - and I also won’t pretend to have any idea how much work it would do to disable or limit phasing for a couple of specific realms - but as you say; no harm in asking.

1 Like

This section is abandoned by community managers as well as any other EU sections. They sometimes read only US forums…

1 Like

They try not to phase unless absolutely necessary for stability. I think while the event is happening in the trio of locations it’s likely to be something you have to put up with.

Hopefully all will return to normal afterwards.

1 Like

When people have to pay for gametime this is a huge issue forcing events weeks back you will just lose players. Almost 2 weeks of phasing on a RP server is wild that is like saying to me oh yeah half of the sub you paid for you can’t use.

1 Like

From the magic grape vine known as gossip and or gospels, I hear NA is even more active on RP realms than EU and to my knowledge, don’t @ me cause its just word of mouth. I hear they dont go through any sharding on US even during events.

1 Like

CMs only reply to stupid posts not serious posts.

Did it ruin your erp session?

1 Like

They dont on Moonguard.

It’s called sharding BTW. Phasing is quite literally when people are in different phases of the zone like normal Stormwind vs Legion intro Stormwind, or the Temporal Conflux before and after it is freed.

Let’s hope they don’t forget to turn it off this time.

1 Like

year 2024, even GW2 has a pop-up sytem with the option to wait for 1h before force-changing map

I have been saying for 2 years on occasion that we players should be able to manually select the shard we want to play on. SWTOR does it, WoW can do it too.

And what happens, 90% of the population go on the same shard.

A slight exaggeration but if they let people chose anything people will flock to the most populated, then complain how laggy it is.

Hence there are limits to it. At some point the shard becomes “unjoinable” for some time and people will have to use the others.

There should be no sharding at all on roleplay realms.

Sharding is in no way necessary outside of areas that were added in the current expansion, and outside of events and expansion launches. Given the huge impact it has on our gameplay, sharding should be used as sparingly as possible on roleplay realms.

Sharding’s still on and the event is way over now.
So, uh

Blizz? Hello?

Second class citizens~ I guess its coming with weekly reset, since we’ve had no blue post or anything to clarify it and didn’t see nothin’ on twitter.

Usually there is none. Just for events. And it usually takes them 2-3 weeks to remember to disable it for our realms. Instead of just HAVING IT SEPARATED in controls, so its 2 different switches to flip.