[Pitbull 4.2] [LUA] Show player/target level

I am trying to get Pitbull to show me the level of my party members and targets but the closest Pitbull offers is class + level. I’ve tried Googling and I’ve tried fiddling but I just break the code.

All I want is the ‘class’ text to show the character’s level.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Looks like the Long version of name includes level
https://github.com/nebularg/PitBull4/blob/ed5d87bfcc7d8b95e3bac3cb4439f103e5ec51cb/Modules/LuaTexts/LuaTexts.lua#L212

Thanks but I have no idea how to read that. I’ve also looked up lua commands and I’ve isolated the unitlevel() command but I have no idea how to use that. Like I said, I’ve fiddled with the built-in lua but I just break it when I try edit it.

I just want to display the part that shows a character’s level. Nothing else.

Change the name display from whatever you have it set to, to Long. No code necessary.

While this is a step forwards it’s also two back. It changes the player name to the colour of their class, making it more difficult to read against a background health bar that is also class-coloured.

I also want to be able to position and scale the text independently of the name - something I can’t do when they’re both part of the same string.

I would suggest you open a ticket with the devs and request an enhancement.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.