Plague of bots

There’s a plague of paladin bots on EU-Firemane alliance side… Started couple of days ago. They all sit in the same guild too… What’s the best way to report it? The only option available seem to be “Inappropriate Name”? There’s tons of them…

I think it’s under “Cheating” then you get two options “Botting” and “Hacking” … obviously you would want to choose the botting option.

I pulled them all using /who with the -g handle and the only option is “Inappropriate Name”. It’s literally a guild of just paladin bots… I guess they are being protected by design… oh well…

I don’t think there is a way to mass report or report a whole guild at once for botting so you would only see “Inappropriate Name” under that scenario, which is basically reporting the guild for it’s guild name.

Unfortunately, you will have to target each person individually and report them one by one by right clicking on their portrait.

I am happy to report them one by one, but the only option available is “Inappropriate Name”. It’s easier for them to bot, than for me to report them for botting as it currently stands… I can maybe fly to the zone they are currently in and find one and then click on the portrait. My point is that with so many of them, its not feasible for me to run around trying to find and click on them… I kind of feel like I pay monthly, so someone else can do it while I actually play the game…

Ah i see now, i thought you were stood near them already. But yeah you can’t report in /who for botting you have to actually be in targetable range of them.

In some ways that makes sense though. I think the idea is that you should have actually have witnessed their actions rather than just assuming they are a bot becuase they appear in a /who search. I can imagine the abuse or mistakes it would create if you could /who and report anyone for botting.

I’m not trying to argue with you here, but please think about if for a moment. You can currently report anyone innocent for botting as long as you are near them… You cannot however report bots unless you can target them… Is it easier to abuse the system and report innocent people or report actual bots currently? What do you think?

Anyway, I just wish someone from the company will read this and take action. There’s a plague of bots on alliance side EU-Firemane. They are all paladins and all in same guild. They were all around level 30-35. Just log in and you will see…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.