Plaguefall - Skipping bosses?

Hello!

I’m pretty mad over the fact that you can skip bosses in Plaguefall…
Like I’m one of those who dont wanna skip bosses.
And Im the tank.

I also usually getting kicked for not wanting to skip bosses. And that gives me Deserter for 30 god damn mins…

You should not be able to skip the bosses in plaguefall. Its game breaking for us who wants to do everything, and not skip. And the people who wanna skip is usually very rude. They get you kicked and they whisper you rude things. JUST CAUSE you didn’t want to skip…

Fix this now… It happens alot these days… I gotta wait 30 mins here and there just todo normals again… Thats just sick. People wasting my paid game time.

22 Likes

If 4 people want to skip boss to fast clear dungeon you can’t argue with them
in random group being a tank does not mean you are a LEADER everybody can be replaced

Im not saying “IM THE TANK, I LEAD!” I’m saying that if you want fast clears, go make a custom group. There is options for custom group making. Let the random dungeons be.

I’m also saying that Blizzard should fix the dungeon. So you cant really skip bosses. The content is not made for skipping. And it’s an exploit to skip bosses, clear it fast for the Random Dungeon Bonus XP…

3 Likes

If Blizz don’t want it to happen, they can easily prevent it. Just put a barrier at the top of the stairs that drops when the boss is killed.

(Assuming that’s the boss you’re talking about. I haven’t been in a group that’s skipped the first boss, although I assume that’s also possible and could be prevented in a similar way.)

There is a counter argument that other people have: “If you want full clears, go make a custom group.”

The fact Blizzard designed some dungeons with incentive to skip bosses (more XP/hour when leveling). So expect the majority of players to want that incentive, specially if they are leveling their 2nd or 3rd alt and are more interested in leveling fast rather than seeing content they already did before.

No, it is not an exploit. Blizzard had optional bosses in dungeons and raids since vanilla. Not only they never did anything about it, they also keep adding skippable bosses in every single expansion. Which makes be believe this is working as intended and not an exploit.

I see you guys are the ones that skip bosses. And makes someone else miss out on content they haven’t seen. Like pretty egoistic.

Kicking people that dont wanna skip is also egoistic. making them wait 30 mins for next dungeon and then to meet others like you who kick em aswell… Pretty sad and very egoistic.

7 Likes

You are making false assumptions, at least about me. I usually go with what the group wants, and I prefer leveling by questing rather than by dungeons. I would also never vote to kick anyone who wants to skip or do a full clear.

Don’t call people egoistic. One can also argue that forcing 4 other players people to waste their time and see the content the did 10 times before is pretty egoistic as well.

Anyway, you will have your chance to see the content in random heroic and Mythic 0 at level 60 where there is no incentive to skip bosses, or M+ where you can’t skip bosses.

3 Likes

Sorry! Im just mad at people kicking others who wanna play all of the content and getting deserter for 30 mins… SO i cant do randoms anymore.

2 Likes

No. There isn’t. “Full clear” is the default. Going out of your way to game the instance to skip is the “exceptional” thing you should create your group for. So I agree with OP - let random groups be. If you want something out of the ordinary - and “fast clear skip as much as we can” is out of the ordinary - make your own damn group.

9 Likes

And who decides “the default”? You? Me? The OP? The guys who kicked the OP from their group? Apparently Blizzard decided to reward “the skip” with more XP/hour. You have to assume that people will most of the times go for the most rewarding path and also most characters in normal dungeons are alts of players who had already seen the content multiple times already.

My opinion, in a random group, go the with majority opinion and don’t force 4 other people to go your way (whatever your way is). If either skipping or full clear matters a lot for you, then create a custom group.

The people who design the game. And I can’t see any other “default” for them than for players to play through all the content that was designed - if they wanted players to skip content, why design it in the first place?

So. You want a “fast clear with skips” - make your own damn group with like-minded people, which there are many of, and so making such a group should be easy; and stop pretending the world owes you anything.

5 Likes

That I agree with. You should not get deserter after getting kicked.

3 Likes

One more that is on the same path as me with this!

The people who designed the game made skipping more rewarding knowing people will take the most rewarding path, and by that they made skipping the de facto default.

For mythic+, for people who do the dungeon for the first time, and for people who are interested to do the content, or whatever.

And again, the argument can go both ways. If they wanted players to do full clear, why make some bosses skippable?

And by the way, I am not arguing for either full clear or skipping. Honestly, I don’t care. I am arguing that in a random group, you don’t force 4 other player to go “your way” whatever your way happens to be. If you really care about your way, create a custom group.

Only seen that Plagefall is the one players skip bosses on…

Maybe. But I’m going to wager my right hand that in a “random group” you’ll mostly have people who don’t even know what’s skippable or what isn’t, much less going for it.

They should just make the random dungeon clear bonus only apply if all bosses are killed. It makes perfect sense. If someone wants to farm a specific boss for specific loot, fine, but then byebye to the XP bonus.

9 Likes

Agreed. Just like in M+, you’re supposed to complete the bloody thing.

5 Likes

Yes, I like this!

Removing the XP bonus will make leveling alts slower for everyone. If they want to annoy players more, why not also add trash % requirement like M+ as well? After all the skippable trash is also “content”, right?

The OP was saying he doesn’t want to “miss out on content they haven’t seen” (this were his words). But when you think about it, once he has already “seen” the content few times, the issue won’t be a big deal to him, and after doing the boss 40 times on normal, heroic, M0 and M+, it won’t matter much when he is leveling up his 5th alt that the boss is skipped on normal.