Play on EU from the US

I’m in the United States and have been playing NA realms since BC. I now want to also play on EU with some UK friends, but so far haven’t been able to use my US based MasterCard to pay for the account and game time. Is there some way to pay for an EU account from the US?

Hi Sabralissia!

You should be able to do this, but would need to purchase an EU copy and game time:

If your Mastercard is being rejected, it may be worth opening an issue with us directly so we can see why, after trying the troubleshooting steps:

Yours,

Arythwinn

My MasterCard being rejected is the exact issue. it’s a prepaid card that I use for 99% of my online buying from the US but I suspect the US based address is at least part of the issue with trying to pay for an EU account and buy EU game time.

It could be a card issuer rejection, have you checked with them to make sure the card is enabled for overseas online purchases?

I am effectively unable to play my US account for the same reason. It seems that Blizzard no longer accepts out of region cards as payment.

Its definitely not my card issuer, as I can make international payments, including US payments to other companies.

Please contact Customer Support directly for a payment failure as they can review the details of a failed payment do determine where the failure lies.

In my experience of these payment issues, it can be caused because the card is not attached to your Payment Profile.

I decided to wait until I was able to put money into my normal banking account and use the Visa attached to it which paid for the base edition of Shadowlands and that worked fine. I thought I bought a month of game time via PayPal but the game still said 'starter edition". I put in an in-game ticket explaining all that and how I re-set my password after 24 hours had passed and my account still showing as Starter Edition, but the GM ignored where I said that when I clicked the “subscribe” button in game, it took me to the store page which said I was subscribed.
I noticed that PayPal never showed the 12EUR withdrawal so I tried subbing again, this time directly off my Visa and that worked and I’m no longer Starter Edition, but NOW I find out that a US account cannot buy a WoW token to put on the AH for some quick gold. Now it’s going to take me months to do what I planned to do in a few days such as get bigger bags, heirlooms etc and have gold ready for fast flying as I get characters to 40.
I really wish Blizzard would be more up front with payment errors such as the one with PayPal. There was never any error, the store behaved as if I bought the subscription when in fact I had not, causing me to start up tickets in game.

Is there not balance option in your Blizzard account?
Also you could buy it as a gift?

Are the gamecards still available?

Isint your latency like crazy high?

1000ms or something like that…

And when its your daytime, its our night time.
Could be kind of issue?

We’ve had people in our (EU) guild, playing from the US. They had no problems with latency. One of them was our main tank for quite some time for raids.

I’m sure people from the US can work out time differences the same as everyone else … the OP has probably factored in the time differences :wink:

The tank for us who played from the US didn’t work - our early evening was his lunchtime ish … so effectively he got to play through our entire peak time, and then onto later in our evening, whilst still having his own evenings to himself.

WoW Tokens aren’t available out of region.

I played on a US realm from the UK throughout 8.3 and 9.0, and wasn’t aware of this either back then and struggled my way to earning gold.

Also to the dude who was like “won’t you play with like 1k MS” you either have terrible internet connection or lack of understanding on how ping works. Peak MS is normally at max about 300-350 and thats to the opposite side of the earth. I used to do M+ with a bunch of aussies on their realm and it was about 320ms max I would experience from the literal other side of the globe. EU to US is usually about 100-150ms depending on realm. Not even noticeable to most humans.