Players selling LFR loot

Why are you against it? after all this is a free market if i have something you want pay

Not everyone need wheelchair or crutch to play the game.

But you are willing to spend time for chance at low quality look in LFR instead of just getting good stuff instantly ?

Why do you think they enabled cross realm trading? To trade consumables? Don’t be naive. They see the meta in wotlk, and they clearly wish it was in retail. Does 2 things for them: Forces people, who don’t want, to be in guilds, and it makes them a lot of wow token money

Because blizz realized that the community being broken up by realms is an unfortunate technical requirement but not something that should set the direction of game development socially or economically.
They’ve been moving towards eliminating the barrier between realms both in items and gameplay, and in War Within even in mythic raiding.

If you think everything are the actions of a soulless, evil, greedy corporation then why are you supporting them with your sub?

The mythic raid thing is literally just existing code that they could implement right now, if they wanted.

For the cross realm trading: why can’t we mail stuff between our toons, if it was really just about removing barriers? They rationalised it by seing that it’s nice to trade potions to people in something like M+. While I agree that they act a bit ignorant, with how popular gdkp is in wotlk, you’d need to be a bit naive to not assume it was part of their decision

People could buy items for gold for over a decade. It’s called boosting.
Nobody’s forcing you to buy them and you’re free to trade items you win for free if you don’t need them.
I’m sure blizz knew this would happen as a consequence, but I’d need to wear a tinfoil hat to believe their intent behind every change is to squeeze the playerbase for more money rather than simply make the game better.

The thing is in wotlk you bid for the items. The worth of an item and the amount of gold is decided by how much someone wants to spend. Meanwhile boosters just sell runs usually. Additionally we see all these people buying drops. I even had some players begging me to sell them my item for hundreds of thousands of gold, and well, I agreed, so I’m part of the problem too.

And? What’s your point?
Even years ago my guildmaster said he got offers from random people for us to boost them through a raid for money.
We told him “hell no lol”.

Someone offered me 150k for the raszageth skin in LFR. I activated it right in front of him even though I don’t use that drake.

Why does it bother you what other people do?

1 Like

In wotlk classic all pugs are gdkp. One of the reasons I decided to start retail. Imagine a pug scenario, where there are 2 ways to get into a pug: You are deemed as a carry, or you have to come with a huge pot of gold that is likely bought with real money. It turns the game a bit in a indirect player driven cash shop. Retail currently is going in this direction with players offering to buy gear from others. Is this only bad? Well, since I have so much gold from this behaviour, I find myself feeling more free to do what I want in the game, so there are positives. However, this extremely hurts casual players, or players transitioning from LFR to normal to heroic. Also, it ruins group loot, because suddenly everyone has a reason to press need (for gold).

Then change gear so it becomes non-tradeable if you win it with a need roll, just like recipes.

Frankly I think the loot methods (both of them) suck. Too much RNG and too heavily affected by trading, begging, running with guild etc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.