Playing a DH feels like I'm playing League of Legends

If i have to press more then 4 buttons i’ll be maaaaad :joy:

1 Like

I’ve never played a DH, but these 2 terms seem to contradict each other. Mobility is almost always paired with a more complicated playstyle, how is the design working? Is it a passive freedom, or are they having to spam buttons to enable the freedom? As I said, i’ve only seen a DH in raids, jumping back and fourth and it seems like a very busy class

1 Like

Depends what content you are doing but mostly you are safe :wink:

I will hunt u down if u’re lying to me :smiling_imp: (i bet there are more buttons, like stun, interrupt, that darknessthingy? And so on…)

1 Like

Don’t you threaten me with a good time!

And yes there are a few of those :smile:

1 Like

It is actually one of the harder specs to play if you get into momentum and demon blades.

It allows very little room for mistakes because Momentum requires you perfect uptime to do well, but luckily it is onpar with Demonic so you’re not forced into it.

Not every class has to be highly complex, although those are lacking in BfA anyway, but people complaining about DH while playing a classic rogue spamming hemo into one of three finishers is a joke.

the author must have never played a real MOBA game. because a good MOBA is not about randomly using your spells and waiting for CD, use the wrong spell and sometimes your entire team loses the game due to your single mistake.

No, it is because they have double jump, glide with their wings and fel rush/infernal strike, which makes it generally a very mobile class. In dungeons raids they can move out off stuff/ get around quickly. And some like the momentum playstyle, using felrush/vengeful retreat in their rotation, which is what you maybe observed in raids.
Fel rush lets you rush forward a short distance (also dealing damage to anything in your way), Infernal strike is what DH tanks have, it´s a leap like warriors have.
And Havoc also has vengeful retreat which is like disengage, you leap backwards.

Yes ofc you have more buttons, but in your dps rotation you only have to use 4, unless you wish to make it more complicated. You have one CC, one interrupt, one AOE stun, fel rush and vengeful retreat, and a purge.

Frostbolt, frostbolt, than frostbolt, another frostbolt, all followed by a…
…frostbolt.

1 Like

But he plays warlock. A much more complicated class than mage . Atleast 2 times harder

1. dot
  2. shadowbolt
  3. shadowbolt
  4. shadowbolt
  5. shadowbolt

Okay not it gets tricky

REFRESH DOT

4 Likes

I stoped playing dh in legion , so my informations may be wrong but isn’t it

1. demonbite for resource
  2. the proc charge for resources
  3. Chaos strike to spend resources
  4. fel rush to get 15% dmg
  5. backflip to use fel rush without losing position
  6. blade dance
  7. the single target stun which does 200% dmg if it doesn’t stun

Isn’t felblade only a talent? In a row which is either ST talent or AOE talent.

Wait… People actually use momentum? What is this Emerald Nightmare?

In all honesty, it felt like they made Hunters too busy with their buttons, so they instead opted to make DH the new hunters by having them playable by anyone.

I dunno if I could handle this tbh, Mages in Classic are so hard only 200IQ people can play them, thing is you have to know math to play classes in Classic /s.

Bloodthirst , raging blow , rampage enough for me , I don’t want to be a DH and have to use 1 more button. It will be so hard.

I mainly played pvp so I had to always take this . But I can’t imagine it isn’t best choice with the free resources + dmg

Even with out momentum fel rush should do damage. But we probably need a current DH to explain what is best

Actually dropped dh to play survival because he got so many new buttons :smiley:

It does dmg, but nowhere near enough to bother using it in a rotation. It’s only use is gap closer and stealth removal tool.

Rip bleed dmg on the throw

The very basic rotation is:
Immolation Aura > Eyebeam > Blade Dance
Then Demon´s Bite 1 or 2 times to generate fury > Chaos Strike > repeat until Blade dance is off CD > Blade Dance
Rinse and repeat until Immo/Eyebam are off CD again

Edit: Oops I lied! We use 5 buttons in our rotation :S

That’s shows how much iam out of the picture . I forgot them totally