Playing classic... And thoughts about next expansion

Define “stupid” in your terms then?

“I don’t agree with your views so you are stupid!”. Does that also count? :smiley:

1 Like

He/she didn’t ask anything dumb the asked a question and stated a view.
Manners and being polite cost nothing .
You can still debate and be heated but acting like they are is not needed .
Sorry i disagree with you maybe I’m an old lady who values manners more than most and treat people as human beings and with respect .

Suggesting someone to do something they just said they hate is stupid.

It’s like saying “I really don’t like the taste of this because it contains potatoes” and then someone suggests another meal, similar to it WITH POTATOES. Like what the hell? That’s just stupid, they don’t like meals with potatoes so why would they like the other meal WITH POTATOES?

I checked that msg. My guess. The advice came from a fact that doing islands on pve mode can be boring so an alternative method of doing islands was offered which might help it make “less fun”. Like you said before. Islands are the “only viable” option for you to grind the neck. I see no harm in offering different ways of doing the islands…to at least make them tolerable.

2nd. Even if you disagree with the opinion. There are other ways to deal with it.
Taking your example into account. Real life example: I said no ty to a waitress who offered me a drink which I dont like. Later she came again and offered the same drink(maybe got confused with a lot of customers…I dont know).
I then also simply said: “No ty. I am good”. For some weird reason going: “OMG?! ARE GOD DAMN DEAF?! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! DID YOU FALL ON YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU GOT BORN?! OMG! GET A GOD DAMN EAR DOCTOR!”
…somehow did not cross my mind. :smiley:

1 Like

I should also have mentioned that I started at 50. I re-joined 8.2 only a month ago and leveled the heart to 65 in about two weeks. It’s 68 now, though after 67 it was just natural progression, I didn’t do anything special for AP. It didn’t feel overly painful. Overall, I find BFA very accessible compared to some previous incarnations of the game.

At least in Vanilla whatever progress you made was real, unlike the restraining leash you are on in the modern game.

It was slower and perceived as more meaningful. It took me months to get the T2 shoulders in BWL, so when they finally did drop and I had the DKP to actually get them, it was a memorable event. If I get an item now, even a noteworthy one (a trinket for example), the emotional impact is much less and I doubt I’ll remember it in fifteen years. But still, I prefer the BFA gearing process as it feels more game-like.

To each their own I guess. I dropped into the game on a fresh monk Season 2, and literally a week later all I could do to upgrade gear was raid mythic or hope for titanforge.

The only thing…

right…

You make it sound so easy. Just get gear LUL. goodluck gearing up in classic dude. May those 4 raid boss drops be given to you in the middle of 40 people.

But i gotta admit. On the other side, we have mythic+ that gears up people faster than lvling to 120 without heirlooms. So it’s very normal to have more to farm.

And thays the problem. If mmorpg feels like a game rather than living breathing world than it is not good mmorpg game.

No no no no !! Its a game first and foremost and must be looked at that way always .Its meant to be fun and I understand people use it to escape life’s worries but don’t look at is as you do as you can get lost in it like many have .

Big OOF , one guy jump on his alts to bash the others just … oof.

who did ? ?

Quite ironic considering you’re comparing it to classic

What a comparison being behind on a game that is over a year old and one that has started weeks ago… of course they would be behind. But seriously most catchups are almost rediculous.
You get put to neck level 35 or something just for doing the Naz introduction straight after dinging 120…
The amount of time your friends would have to spend to catch up in BfA is so much less than only leveling to 60… not even talking about gearing.
Maybe leveling is more fun to them, which is great. But sorry but your argument lags quite alot.

We get it you and your friends prefer Classic over BfA -> awesome!
Others prefer BfA or retail -> Also awesome
Some play both -> Probably awesome but I would burn the witches for not being part of the whole “Classic VS Retail” - circle j***…

Jesus who forces you to do island expeditions? I have neck lvl 65 in less than 3 weeks and I’ve done 6 expeditions in total just for weekly which tooks about 20 minutes in total.

Be careful about bashing retail. I got 3 day ban off forums. Certain players are trying to shut down the conversation by provoking players into making personal attacks. Don’t fall for it.

I am sorry. But I fail to see this being possible to put in 1 sentence. I personaly think that people are getting tired from being attacked for what ever game they play. Like some nice examples(wont quoute due to hating phones haha). Retail=some korean action game and then attacks me for being bad cause I choose to play a “korean action game”. Well…sry. but I will play what I damn please.

Classic people are also getting furious when they get shoved “classic sux, u rose tinted blind fools!” in their faces.

So some people just start reporting. Like game A but dislike game B? Fine, but leave people who like game B and dislike game A in peace…

The HoA is a bad version of the Artifact weapons, which I actually liked. Gain some AP? Visit your class hall to put in a trait or two, you actually notice that you gain strength.

HoA? Just ilvl…ilvl and ilvl. Now they put some minor slots behind the grind, but that only put a band-aid on the system.

I think some underestimate how difficult it is to keep attracting the big group of players. Continueing Vanilla in it’s exact form would most likely not have ended well (either).

I actually did too. I liked how they made me feel closer to my class, which is something BfA has taken away. I liked how each weapon had its own little questline, giving it even more character. idk, I just miss it. I think replacing it with the HoA was the worst thing they could have done imho.