Playing GW2 these past few weeks has been eye opening

I remember the DIII forums being full of how much better PoE was. Bought it, tried it and didn’t like it myself.

Although I thought PoE was supposed to be an old style RPG game where once bought you had the whole game. I guess they’ve fallen to the requirement to extract as much money as possible through the DLC mechanism as well.

If people moan about WoWs system then wait till they get a load of PoEs.

Good game, convoluted as all hell.

2 Likes

The shadowlands maps arent instanced with the exception of the Maw. They’re separated by skyboxes- just an optical illusion

Guild Wars 2 forum is dead. There are the same people every time creating different topics. Also, you have no freedom of opinion. Every post claiming that ANet does not care about bots/cheaters/wintraders is removed.

This.

Also look at the FF forums, similar moans about how it’s just housing and a few looks keeping things interesting, how the story is borked and uninteresting (which is a joke, FF story is up there with the finest jrpgs) and so forth.

The playerbases of large games will always moans, will always find issues and unless you have a well developed PR (which Blizz, do not, but SquareEnix do) then the negative vibes will override the positives.

GW2 is a great game but it’s different to WoW. Those WoW players that are used to the raid or die mentality of WoW could never truly enjoy GW2. A lot of the time in GW2 you actually have to go out of your way to find stuff to do instead of just queing up for dungeons or raids and there is a ton of obscure stuff to do in that game.

4 Likes

Subjective.

Subjective.

Subjective.

None of what you said contains any fact. It’s all based on your taste.

I actually disagree with all of it; I don’t think GW2 maps are good. I don’t think they’re fun to run around in (in fact, the opposite is true for me; I found them frustrating and confusing - not all, but certainly the ones that use a lot of verticality).

So, thanks for your opinion, I suppose.
I still prefer WoW’s zones (even though Shadowlands zones are not my cup of tea); every time I go back to one of the BfA zones, for instance, I’m amazed how good they actually are.

I have praised WoW’s zones aesthetics many times, including for this expansion, doesn’t mean the maps are any good to traverse. Aesthetically, both Bastion and Ardenweald are amazing, still I can’t wait to get flying. I was very indifferent to flying for most of my time in this game, but in this expansion maps are so bad I’ve stopped playing until I get it.

I have been playing GW2 for a week or so, and I have to say it has the worst first time experience of any MMO I played. I found the game hard to get into, but once you get the hang of it is actually tons of fun. Doesn’t take long to get your bearings too. So far I’m still trying out the classes, races and different starting zones (that’s me, an altoholic from the get go :grin:), but I’m enjoying their open world a lot.

3 Likes

Every game has its fair share of moaners. Even on the WoW forums, I’d say it’s around 100-200 people that are constantly moaning. We have regulars here and everyone can learn to recognize them. It’s not the “playerbase” moaning.

I’d say the big difference between WoW and FFXIV is that FFXIV’s golden age is right now and WoW’s has passed. And there’s a whole lot of people who do not play the game but engage with the community through streams, social media, etc. and they bring a ton of negativity… because ultimately even the people who quit still care. And this is why WoW is the best MMO still. All my friends who have quit WoW still follow the news, still talk about the game. The 2 friends I have who have quit FFXIV haven’t even brought up the new expansion in conversation or the male bunny girls they’re adding.

Yes, those gladiator XP players boosting with 226 ilvl at 1200 CR sure are annoy-…wait

2 Likes

It does? Last time I played I was just barely dipping into fractals. But the list of them to que for where massive. Several of them where lower level dungeons made over for max level difficulty. Imagine if WoW did the same, Having all our good old classic dungeons and all for mythic difficulty! 15+ Deadmines would be a nostalgia trip I’d love to see! But Blizzard wants endgame mythics and Dungeons to stay relevant to their latest expansions and content and we’d propably like them to keep it like that, So new dungeons and raids don’t take away work updataing old ones instead… But if they did this for a Timewalking event or something every now and then I think that could be fun.

Yeah …From what I have heard. Arena-net. Had to lay off several of the Games core developers over the years that knew how to work on Guild wars 2’s coding/programing and so on. New developers have to learn everything from the bottom up all over again. And they appearenly are a bit understaffed on the developer department, that Aren’t working on the new expansion End of dragons, And for how long already. So changes and bug fixes and new content are taking forever. …Cant answer on the cheaters tho… Thats just flat out bad.

Agree with you on this. Shame that the fanatical flag gang saw it too…

Potatoes said its because they are gearing down to push Guild Wars 3. Thats why the dragon story just ended the way it did as the focus of gw3 won’t be about the dragons.

Bro, play WvW or PvP then come back to me. Noone has PvP’d in Gw2 in years.

2 Likes

Would not surprise. Look how GW1 went.

Guild Wars 2 does a lot right.

I still remember buying that when it released and making a Norn? warrior. The music, the zone, the atmosphere gah it blew me away.

The constant rewards for exploring, the combat. The level design in thorns?
If they ever get around to making a GW3 that uses DX12 instead of DX9 -_-‘ oh lord WoW will have two very serious competitors in the forms of FFXIV & GW.

But WoW still has its charm, whilst it’s definitely lost its way for Shadowlands & BFA it’s certainly not as bad as some would have you believe imo.

For me though if I get bored of WoW or it’s not worthy of my hard earned cash? GW2 is always waiting!

1 Like

Only if it existed on the back of Great A’Tuin, the Giant Star Turtle.

2 Likes

I’ve been meaning to try it out, it does seem to do a lot right.

I have to say the Commando class looks pretty sweet:

While I loved many aspects of gw2 I simply couldn’t stand the bloated mts shop. All of the nice cosmetics go there. Not to mention it is full of actually useful stuff like bagspace/pickaxes etc. No thanks. I would rather keep the game with a sub and limited micro transactions rather than have this mess that is gw2 shop.

1 Like

You can fly between zones, so you are just terribly uninformed.

Several streamers have done it.