Playing WoW only for gear - Is the real way to play the game

hm not entirely true. proper handmade clothers/shoes will make you into completly different man/woman .

its just a matter of $$$$$$$

i mean even simple thing like hair transplant can transform you into completly different person - look at Elon before and after he got super rich .

1 Like

yes.

yes they will.

thing is most never ever try . becuse they are not interested in that in first place.

At the end of the day, the most satisfying thing in this game is the feeling that your character is getting stronger. And that’s thanks to gear. Removing that, it makes you feel like your character is a fresh max level. They really need to adress the pvp gear situation in DF asap. Players already stopped pvping. Right now we got longer pvp queues than ever.

Ye. No :joy: theres tons of 415 players stuck in +15s unable to go further. Lol

If +20s were down to this it makes no sense to the fact of the floods of complaints regarding how bad +20s due to the failure rates in the content.

Im sorry. But every statistic kinda is against you here.

1 Like

Gear is a way to get to do the content you want to do.

Skill is on top of this.

People can have the best gear in the game, and still do bad.

That said, there’s nothing wrong with focussing on gear.

same is with m+ . those who are interested already got KSm or KSH and quit till 10.1

lets face it unless its last tier there is 0 point even gearing up alts because eveyrthing will reset anyway and world content catch up gear will be like 415 in 10.1

so its perfect tiem to play somethign else.

face it without power progression system people have 0 reason to play longer then 1-2 months.

failure rate has nothing to do with if people are able to complete something

it only prolongs the process. but given enough time you will eventually join groups capable of caryring you . even if 1000 fail 1001 may succed .

its just all about if you find it worth spending this time. for me personaly its not thats why im on break now / farming old raids for transmogs. hell i have sooo many legacy transmogs to farm on all alts while chilling / watching netflix on 2nd screen that why would i ever care about effects in +20 :slight_smile:

When it takes 1000 tries to get a keylevel higher than i definitely would define that as stuck since it is unrealistic. Or you up your own skill level and do not depend on the firepower of the other 4 teammembers. But that was basically the point. Ilvl alone will not carry you to +20’s.

if u require to be carried, u arent a Good player, which would statistically run against his argument of this game Hands u 95% of ur performance.

nobodys arguing against rthe concept of power progression is the reason players play, people are disagreeing with the notion, that basically the skill floor is 95 percentiling every fight.

Just saw a video of a big WoW twitch streamer talking about the issues currently facing WoW. The streamer (who Blizzard has listened to a lot). Was talking about how WoW twitch numbers have been atrocious (WoW twitch is being carried by hardcore Classic streamers).

The streamer then went on to say that more ´´fun´´ content was needed for the average player in WoW. M+ and raiding had their niche. Needed more content for the person who wasn´t just chasing gear, but was looking for ´´fun´´?

Then it hit me, this streamer (who I will not name), did not understand that casual players also play for gear. Gearing is FUN to these people.

If you twink in WoW, the fun part isn´t running around murdering people forever in BGs. It is the bizarre journey to get the best gear that is fun. I ranked in Vanilla WoW, how much did I play after I was running around with some of the best gear on the server? For a single week. It was the journey. The power chase that was fun. Running around just murdering people got boring incredibly quickly, just like it did on any twink character or PvP character I had maxed since then.

It´s the same in Diablo 2. Grinding your characters is fun. The game is not fun when you have Enigma Anni and so on. What is the point of being able to kill Mephisto in seconds? It is the journey to get there that is the fun part of the game. It is also what irks me when people talk about casuals wanting ´´free´´ gear. No they want a power journey. Something this game is not giving them at all.

It is just so crazy to me that people don´t get that it is the power journey so many people like. Blizzard are never going to be able to add ´´fun´´ things in game that will be enough to compete with better games like Sekiro, Dota2 and Counter Strike. The gearing journey is what games like WoW do better than any of their competitors. Blizzard and their streamer buddies who don´t understand that are killing this game with their awful suggestions.

1 Like

This. This is the reason people are not playing pvp in dragonflight anymore and we got these very long queues.

Right now you can afk farm all the bis pvp gear in 1 day. No work required. No skill required. No tasks to do required. Characters dont feel like you invest anything in em. They feel like fresh lvl 70 characters, forever. There is no journey. No sense of progression.

1 Like

Chasing gear is fine until you overgear which happens very fast and turns encouter into trivial one.
I only respected players who were in blue gear and progressing in ICC raid during wotlk. Only blue gear was allowed.

People want the content to be trivial. People prefer to outgear content massively, always has been like this.

Current WoW though, basically does not allow you to outgear the hardest content in the game. Which is why it is failing.

1 Like

I would argue that WoW just isn’t a fun game to watch, fun to play? Of course, that’s why i’m still here, but i wouldn’t want to watch somebody else play.

Back to the OP: I like to say that things like storyline and “Seeing the content” are what drives people to do content once, loot is what keeps them doing it after the first time.

It’s insanely fun to watch zmok doing the 5 ret stuff and do forth.

In Vanilla, the whole aim was to explore and level in the world that was Warcraft. The game was all about your journey from 1-60.

As they added expansions, the focus shifted to the end game. Shorter leveling jumps, etc. The big meaty stuff was all after the grind to the new max level.

Gearing was always there. It always helped push when leveling-up ended. Blizzard realised that they could keep people playing without adding much more by just using the gearing system.

People want to be stronger. They want flashier gear. They want to be able to strut about in front of others and say, yeah, I beat the hardest content over and over again. Yeah, I got lucky with drops - it’s all skill. I could beat all of you in a duel right now.

Blizzard obliged and has been feeding us gear progression as slowly as they can, so that we don’t complain too much and keep coming back for that loot-crack.

Yes, I can agree on that, that is also the main reason I left classic wotlk. Bragging about logs on easy raids isnt my thing.

Sorry, but league of legends is way more competitive than dota. Else, I partially agree. WoW does have a fun competitive aspect. M+ is nice. PvP is nice. However, the main focus should be the RPG side of things.

1 Like

Playing for gear we’re throwing away in 6 months ;x

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.