Please add an Indicator for new Spawnpoints during M+ runs

As a player who assists many newcomers with Mythic+ dungeons, it’s somewhat frustrating when they don’t know their respawn point after choosing to “release” upon death.

Currently, I utilize two macros: “Please release, you will respawn nearby” and “DON’T RELEASE! We will resurrect you soon!”

This approach mitigates the issue somewhat, and new players gradually learn the spawn points through repetition. However, I’ve conceived a better solution to enhance the gaming experience.

After a new Spawnpoint is unlocked:

• Display a message, “New Spawnpoint Unlocked.”
  • Introduce some form of in-game effect at the respawn location (typically where the last boss was defeated), such as a glow on the ground.

WHY?

• For players like myself who frequently aid others, it’s quite frustrating to wait for those who inadvertently release in certain dungeons.
  • For newcomers, releasing prematurely can lead to a poor experience, as everyone must wait.
  • With already a thousand things to learn, the current method forces new players to learn through trial and error.
17 Likes

This sounds fine, honestly killing a boss should just unlock that as a new spawn point. Laat boss killed is spawnpoint. Doesn’t matter in which order you kill bosses.

Like waycrest say you go to Raal first then do whatever the 3 sisters are called and yo in wipe you will reset at raal (yes its further away than the current spawnpoint) that way its consistent all the time. Last boss killed = spawnpoint.

Current way has a little learning curve which i personally don’t mind but I can understand the frustration you have with new players (btw in my current medium level keys 23-25 people still release at dumb times sometimes.

1 Like

I agree with all you said.

I doubt that will be implemented, and in the meantime I tried to add that to my new website about mythic plus learning : deplete.fyi.
Each instance has all their release point, and the condition to activate it.

The website is still in alpha, and soon to be beta though, many things to improve!

1 Like

newcomers ? :stuck_out_tongue:

i just run +20 BRH with 2900 score healer who dont know how to use def cds on first boss big burst and then doesnt release imidaitely when boss goes down ( didnt bother to waste cr on him :slight_smile: )

Translation, he wasn’t paying attention and didn’t care.

I have assisted new players as well. And the stuff that needs to be said is much, much more than “release here” or not.

Sometimes its worth releasing if you die at the start of the pull. Even if the spawn point is in Narnia. Sometimes its not worth it, even if its super close. It depends when you die on the pull.

What im saying is : There are so many more things to explain that showing the spawn points on the map will not be a significant improvement.

And for new players, the most important concept in M+ they have to understand is : REPETITION. They need to be open in each and every run they do. Because there is always some piece of tech that they did not know before that they know now. So the best is to have an open mind.

With that, they will make the mistake of releasing (or not releasing) only once. Not twice.

“Teach a man to fish instead of giving him fishes”. Was the anecdote like that? Dont remember.

?

You don’t have to use defensives there, it deals like 680k damage or something on a tyrannical 20.

Maybe the DDs did not focus the ghosts? If the boss eats the ghosts its AoE gets buffed.