Please change mw for 9.2

I’m hoping they change some abilities for mw monks in the next patch and aren’t just adding these set bonuses which will be pretty useless in pvp. Mw feels really slow and bad right now to play and very difficult to survive with in pvp. With soothing mist on GCD mw monks have to wait for 2 global cooldowns before anything happens when you’re casting, you have to cast and wait for the gcd of soothing mist before you can use the other abilities and then wait for their gcd too. It feels like mw monks have been left in BFA mode where everyone and their abilities were all on GCD but now everyone else has been taken out of BFA mode except mw monks. Why do all the other healer classes have so many instant heals and only need 1 GCD to cast whatever, whereas mw monks have to use 2 GCD before casting anything since you have to cast soothing mist then your enveloping mist or vivify or whatever. You barely get to stand and stream any abilities in a row in arena since you have to keep moving around alot. So you keep having to wait 2 GCD’S before casting each ability most of the time. Very slow lumpy gameplay, not smooth like mw used to be.

And please bring back cancel role, it saved me so many times when trying to kite around corners or going in for that leg sweep to make sure you don’t role right past them too far to sweep. This is the slowest gameplay a mw has ever been, it can’t cope with the fast pase of SL pvp gameplay as well as all other healers with al ltheir instant heals.

*And bring back the azerite trait that increased your versaility when you do a rising sun kick after using thunder focus tea, but as baseline this time.
*And maybe bring back the old Way of the Crane so mw monks can help do damage again just like all other healers. Right now I do 0 damage in arena and the other healers do TONS.
*Please just take soothing mist off GCD. (like it had been for 6 years before BFA.)
*Bring back cancel roll.

This is from someone who only plays mw mainly, I have 5 mw monks at the moment I pvp with but they are no way near as fun as they were to play before BFA (in BFA they were op due to azerite traits and versatiltiy corruptions, without them they can’t survive anything). I mained mw monk every expansion since MoP and remember how it used to feel and play like in each expansion, but they’re at their worst now. They’re too slow now compared to other healers when it comes to fast recoveries and survivng against multiple players in battlegrounds unlike other healers.

8 Likes

The author is completely right! This is the best post I’ve seen on this monk-forum so far
Hope devs would take that one in consideration (sounds a bit naive but still…)

2 Likes

Exactly this! 100% agree thanks dude!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.