Please change Sunfury spec name to Blood Mage

Hi all,

I want to submit my suggestion for this change.

First of all, it makes sense from a lore point of view. If the goal is to provide a specialization that is deeply rooted within the Warcraft fantasy, Blood Mage has been a staple since Warcraft 3 (at least to my knowledge), effectively covering the Warcraft fantasy checkbox.

From the theme of the specs point of view, Blood Mages used to focus on Fire spells and Mana abilities (even quoted as such from the wowpedia page), perfectly fitting the themes of Fire and Arcane. Another checkbox ticked.

If there are some concerns about this class having been historically aimed at them being Blood Elves, I think it’s even more broad than Sunfury, which shoehorns even more towards this race bias. Blood Mage could be more broad (and Sunfury is sounds even biased more towards Fire, causing a double dip in this aspect). Also, some existing hero specs already play on this racial bias (most druid specs, San’layn, Mountain Thane, etc).

Let me know of your thoughts! If there is positive feedback I hope blizzard sees this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.