Please don't ruin last phase of SOD

Season of Discovery so far for me has been quite a nice experience ( aside from the world pvp toxicity ) everything was decent, so i just want to say 1 thing.
Please Blizzard do not ruin phase 4 of SOD. Don’t make everything as easy to obtain as it was till now, keep classic a grind, exactly what is supposed to be. I can understand that phase 1,2 or 3 are not end phases of a game and probably that is why content is easier and faster to clear.
After all wow classic is all about enjoying the content and not getting to finish line without actually experiencing everything that the game has to offer. Wow classic is one of the best if not the best expansion there is, please do not ruin it. The grind is what describes classic to be the best there is.
Keep up the good work !

5 Likes

100% agreed!

1 Like

Make p4 slow and rewarding.

No to 100% exp bonus | 300% gold bonus | Free loot from events | Boss nerfs.

Yes to slow and fun.

6 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/1c1mcyi/aggrend_over_many_tweets_in_this_thread_says_that/#:~:text=AedionMorris-,Aggrend%20(over%20many%20tweets%20in%20this%20thread)%20says%20that%20SoD,not%20find%20it%20in%20SoD&text=Agreed.,mad%20respect%20for%20this%20post.

Yeah after reading what he said about hard content…we already know what last phase will be like.

Slow and rewarding? Economy is broken , bots running around since phase 1. incursions destroyed Even more.

Every noob since phase one stuck on 6-7 boss for 1-2 weeks cries on forums unntil it gets nerfed to oblivion.

And then the people that have farmed gold and use it and Get screwed over. Same will happen at 60, pay 1k gold for epic mount. Then dad gamers will cry and it will cost 100 g 2 weeks later.

Waste of time to use time on A game that rewards players that dont actually want or dont have time to play.

5 Likes

Its ruined already, they gave you easy gold bot-alike farm, 150% experience boost, everyone can do 100 characters and 10000 gold before 60 lvl even exist.

True and Berny is sad. Too much convenience for the people who don’t value the slow and methodical playstyle of classic. Also 10 layers.

2 Likes

oh yeah? u know what? i will ruin it even harder.

1 Like

Phase 4 will have so many stuff to do , I hope it will last longer than the previous ones

lol
dad gamers only want to play a classic+ version with slow fun.
The min/max retailer are crying and thats why we get such sh*t like incursions, 100% exp buff, 300% gold etc.

4 Likes

Blizzard has the data tho.

These buffs happen because they see people qutting before reaching max level or leaving because they don’t have gold for mount or abilities.

I have way more time to play than the average SoD player.
I have characters across multiple guilds, have chatted with plenty of different people, and I have the following view:

Many (I would argue that this “many” is actually the majority) SoD players have very little time to play.
Raiding ST is hard for them, harder than Gnome and Gnome was hard for them already.
Most of them also have a very small amount of gold, since grinding gold for hours is something they just don’t have the time (and therefore, patience) to do.

Now, personally, I am with OP. If the game was all about me, I would definitely enjoy harder content, a rework of old lvl 60 raids to make them more challenging.
Regarding levelling, not so much with OP, I have been playing since OG TBC and I’m mostly sick and tired of quest/dungeon grinding for several hours just to ding once. This is not to say I like the levelling speed granted by incursions. I think it’s actually too fast, even for me. But as slow as OG vanilla is also too slow, imo.
As for mount costs, I also do not feel like 1k price tag is good. And don’t get me wrong, at the moment I have enough for almost 4 epic mounts, paid upfront. But it is way too much gold for something as needed on a daily basis as travelling speed.
Regarding reputations, I don’t feel most should be mandatory for progression, if any. Stuff like profession recipes being locked behind rep, or stuff of the sorts, seems absolutely fine. It gives people willing to grind them have some benefit, but not one that makes them have a plain advantage over players that choose to not grind them. One perfect example is the Winterspring Frostsaber rep. Useless for progression, but “necessary” for some people.

With all this being said, I understand most of what would make SoD better for me does not apply to the average SoD player. The biggest factor, from what I’ve learned, is time. You cannot expect someone who has 1/8th of your time available to be able to compete with you if it takes a long time to run every single aspect of the game. If all of those aspects become mandatory for progression, surely many average SoD players will feel like they won’t be able to keep up and just be demotivated enough that they’ll leave.

Sadly, it is not possible to please everyone.
Both you (OP) and me seem to have quite a bit of available time to play the game, and even between the two of us, pleasing one in full would mean displeasing the other, even if partially. If the devs cater to our needs, the majority of the playerbase will be overwhelmed. And it’s easy to assume that they’ll have a preference for pleasing the majority since that’s where the majority of their income is.

So my advice is, just enjoy the ride.
I would guess that there will be some stuff that will be just challenging enough to keep you going, and if that happens to not be true, then there’s plenty of other versions that you can dedicate your time to.

1 Like

It’s a seasonal server where half a year has been wasted on level brackets. So I completely disagree. If you want the slow process then Era still exists.

1 Like

it’s all up to the dev’s at this point. if there is not a lot of new interesting content at lv 60, then the game will die off in 2 months after p4 launch.

imagine having to organize 40 ppl and make them want to log in, get consumes and world buffs just to farm the same 20 year old raids.

i have not played SoD for 3 weeks now, and in it’s current state, i do not miss it

let me guess, you are playing Cata

Unless once P4 launches everything up to Naxx is free to clear I doubt P4 will be the last phase. Most likely we will have further phases just with no level cap changes and more of the raids available.

can you specify what “Don’t make everything as easy to obtain as it was till now, keep classic a grind, exactly what is supposed to be.” means?

you want 40man raids of bosses with 1 basic ability and 2-3 items drop? killing same boring bosses that you can kill in green items for months to get gear? you think anyone would play if that was SoD p4? 90% would quit after less then a month bro … what else was there? r14 grind that was only about time investment and nothing else?

time has changed bro … let me tell you what will happen, raid will come, it will be hard for hours, maybe days, a week top… then they will nerf it to the ground, because they want pugs to be able to clear it… everything will be figured out and minmaxed within a week, lvling 50-60 will be done in hinter/feralas incursion within few hours, because its irelevant and nobody plays SoD for leveling

dont expect p4 being much different then p3 … there isnt much they can do … but hey… they can always surprise …

I actually expect P4 will be way different than p3, since is not and ending phase. What I mean by dont make everything easy to obtain i dont refer to difficulty of raids or anything like that but anything outside of it. Personally I dont even care about raiding, I see raiding as a reward of my effort outside the raid ( like a bonus ), for me and for every classic enjoyer we like the grind and everything that the world has to offer. When u do incurions and everyone is there, and u get your 6set in like 2 hours, idk how enjoyable is that ( that is a short term grattification that kills the enjoyment of a game , especially an mmo ).The world of classic and its the best ever made just because other zones are relevant to the game and not only the main zone as it is in different expansions. All im saying is dont kill that , dont add events that ovverides the current grind just to make it faster ( easier )
When you add an pvp event where you can actually be honored with AB without actually doing AB sounds so stupid to me, and makes me not even wanna do that anymore, is not worth the effort, is meaningless.

1 Like

Well yeah like most people. ST is a joke in terms of gear and difficulty and SoD PvP balance is laughable, they gave up and don’t even do balance changes anymore.

I really hope we have some progression raids in P4 and not everything needs to be cleared by grey players week 1 or they nerf it into the ground creating the boredom we now see in P3.

Yes phase 5 already confirmed and you can check it on the wow timeline.
They said months ago in an interview that it will bring new content and runes. Whatever that means