Please, help me choose the best class for gold making

Please help me make the right choice, I’m looking for the best class for farming gold in the open world, I’m considering a hunter, demon hunter, monk, warlock, maybe even a druid.

I like the Demon Hunter and the Warlock the most, but I’ve been told that the Valhok has no mobility and weak AoE compared to others. The demon hunter is fast, seems to have a good AoE, I don’t know how he farms. The hunter is also fast, but I don’t know what his AoE is and how well he farms. The monk (I really like the look of the panda) and the druid have no idea about these classes at all.

I want to find some class that will help me to farm a lot of gold the easiest way, my main goal is trading, I love it the most. I can’t play much because I have a job and a family, I play 2-3 hours a day on average before bed, sometimes I can play 4 hours.
I consider all types of farm, I play WoW for the first time, so everything is interesting to me.

Help me choose a class and specialization that best suits my tasks, I will be very grateful to you for your answers. If you can make a comparison of these classes with a description of the pros and cons, I will be grateful x999, thanks!

Welcome to playing, then!

Um. There’s your actual question, and then there’s all the stuff around it, that you’re not asking about. The stuff that either you already know, or you don’t know you should know.

There is a lot more gold in trading than in farming. But if you enjoy farming, then that’s wonderful.

But what you will enjoy will depend on how you enjoy your class, and that is something you will not know, for any class, until you try it.

On paper, the best farming class is Druid. Instant flight form, long-range pulls, good mobility, any amount of AoE, ability to herb without dismounting, stealth if you want to bypass things, Bear form to sit there and kill as much as you can pull - at long range. Guardian spec to farm current content. Druid has got it all.

That doesn’t mean you will enjoy Druid. It is just the most complete class, with the largest set of tools.

I agree that Warlock AoE is not wonderful for farming. Rain of Fire is rather clunky. Affliction spec has lots of instant DoTs for ranged pulling, but it’s not so effective at killing mobs in a mass.

Hunter has perfectly good AoE for a couple of blasts, but it is limited by Focus; you can’t just keep grinding out AoE spells - you have to stop and regain Focus before you can cast more than 2 or 3 AoEs.

Demon Hunter has great mobility, and its AoE is reasonable - not infinite, but reasonable. The one weakness of DH here is its ability to pull from a distance. Throw Glaive has a cooldown, which means that unlike almost any genuine ranged puller, you can’t just rotate through a series of distant mobs and instantly pull each one.

I have a Monk, but don’t play it much. Its Roll makes for nice mobility. Like the Hunter, it does have to alternate AoE (Spinning Crane Kick/Crackling Jade Lightning) with non-AoE abilities to recover.

You can make any of them work, depending on the type of farming you’re doing. If you’re going to spend a couple of hours a day at it, you REALLY want to enjoy the class you’re playing! A 10% increase in farming efficiency does not make up for feeling miserable at having to log in to grind out work.

I wish I could communicate better how each one is to play, but everybody has to try it for themselves, to see how YOU feel when playing it.

The patron saint of WoW farming on YouTube is Studen Albatroz. I actually like watching him occasionally - he genuinely seems to enjoy all the different types of farming. It’s nice to see.

But for serious gold-making, you want to get the addon TradeSkillMaster (TSM) and study up on the markets on your realm, and how best to use TSM to maximise your throughput. You will be reading the WoW Economy Reddit https://old.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/ as your daily news. And, of course, you want to be on one of the large realms, with a solid raiding population, and you want to be there on Wednesday night, to catch the crowds before and after the raids. Kazzak, as Horde, does qualify as an excellent realm to make gold on.

If you have any more questions, or want more detail, do please ask!

1 Like

I played some trial characters, I liked the demon hunter and the druid, maybe also a hunter. Tell me if I choose a druid, what specialization should I choose? And what advantages or disadvantages will I have compared to a demon hunter?

“Farming” is a very broad category. The whole advantage of Druid is its versatility. It has SUCH a big toolkit, for every occasion. So asking which spec you should play is entirely missing the point. Balance, Feral, and Guardian all have different advantages for different types of situation. So for farming purposes, you could use all three for different types of farming.

And then, you can also use different Forms, even for the spec you’re not in. As Guardian Spec, but in Cat form, you get a 30% increase to your movement speed and increased energy regen, and a set of damage abilities more like Feral.

And then, you can also choose Affinities, so that whichever spec you’re in, you can call on some of the advantages of one of the other specs. So, for example, Guardian spec makes you a tank, practically unkillable outside current expansion dungeons and raids, but then within Guardian spec you might choose Resto Affinity, for even more healing, making you even more unkillable, if you were say farming current dungeons - or you might choose Feral Affinity, giving you an extra 15% run speed and faster energy regen, leading to being able to attack faster = more AoE, for easier content.

I admit, it can get complicated if you use all the options, but they are at least all available, and you would probably experiment a bit and settle on one or maybe two spec combinations that suit you. For example, if you were farming scattered mobs, as you would in the open world, you might go Balance and Moonfire everything in sight, with maybe Starfall to clear a roomful once you get them bunched, or you might go Guardian and use Moonfire to get them to run to you, and then Swipe and Thhash them down while you just stand there.

Demon Hunter will see you run to mobs more, but it is a lot simpler.

P.S.

I don’t think I explained that well, but it is hard to describe to someone not familiar with the playstyles.

P.P.S.

Just by coincidence, after writing this, YouTube suggested this to me.

Is YouTube spying on me or what? :tinfoil: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.