Please let us play Balance without Moonkin/Astral Form

I love the spec, I love the spell effects, the theme, the rotation, the playstyle... I just CANNOT stand Moonkin form, it's ugly, it's horrendous, it covers up my cool looking druid during combat.

I thought the glyph of Astral Form was the answer to my prayers...but it's horrible, why does it turn you all blue? Blizzard...WHY? How does that make sense!? Why does Astral Form = Blue Ghost?? That doesn't make any sense! Astral form should just be loads of stars around you or heck I dunno something like Algalon not just...blue ghost tint.

PLEASE, can we just start spamming blizzard begging them to add a glyph to allow us to get Moonkin form benefits while just looking like the badass balance druids we are? Please guys?
45 Likes
I fully agree. I'm looking for a ranged DPS spec to play as an alt, and I'm having a lot of fun as a Balance Druid, but I would really like to play in my normal form. The Moonkin form is a nice novelty, but I don't want to play as a fat owl 90% of the time.
9 Likes
That is a personal preference though.
I like the form, i think it looks cool.
6 Likes
Again these threads...
Guys if you don't like shapreshift don't play druid in the first place. That's what the whole class is based on. Blizzard is not gonna change it just because a handful of us don't understand that.
16 Likes
It's just fantasy , same as with shadowpriest and shadowform..
3 Likes
Either another form, or humanoid form, or perhaps upgrade the Moonkin form (the spell that turns you into an armored Moonkin already is quite a refresh/improvement).
2 Likes
Cant agree more.
1 Like
I can't stand moonkin form (sacrilege, I know) but I really like astral form.

I do agree there should be a glyph that just makes you appear as your normal self, for those who aren't happy with moonkin or astral.
2 Likes
kind of the main spec fantasy... like mage having blink...
1 Like
Beyond retarded these responses, none of the Druid NPCs like Malfurion turn into Moonkin to cast their balance spells, but sure, why give players a choice right?
16 Likes
What else are we gonna see in this cursed forum :’D
1 Like
Your a damn druid,live with it or go other class
4 Likes
Why is this forum swamped by so many Trolls? Like what the actual hell?

26/10/2018 16:25Posted by Boneblaster
Your a damn druid,live with it or go other class

Jesus christ no wonder Blizzard adopts a 'No fun allowed policy' with nutjobs like this guy around. People randomly lashing out at the very idea of giving people a choice, and when you actually point out their reasoning of "Balance druids alway = moonkin" is flawed by pointing out the NPC druids that don't use Moonkin form to cast their balance spells? They start just flaming and rage-turding...
12 Likes
+1 YES PLEASE .
Maybe work on this from feral/guardian point of view as well. Like make it work somehow so we can mog and not forced to cat/bearform?
2 Likes
Just want to second this. I think players should be able to decide whether to have it on or off, too.
Also, return claws of shirvallah (with or without the graphic) so Ferals don't have such stupid, clunky gameplay please ^^;
1 Like
I support this. I would also like a glyph which gives us the solar form from the removed Blessings of the Ancients talent as we already have the astral half.
26/10/2018 22:50Posted by Thaldonan
Jesus christ no wonder Blizzard adopts a 'No fun allowed policy' with nutjobs like this guy around. People randomly lashing out at the very idea of giving people a choice

I have to kinda agree that it's a bit of a pointless choice, though. It definitely sucks that you guys can't stand to play Druids as an alt because of the form / glyph, but ultimately, Druids as a class have always been, primarily, about shapeshifting in World of Warcraft. I'd personally prefer to keep Druid's class identity intact for all those people that main Druids and like the shapeshifting aspect, instead of removing it for some more people to play it as an alt.

The whole "well, if it's an option it's not forced!" thing is not necessarily.. correct, I guess? Well, it's correct. But let's say Blood Elves were to be valid options for Druids - how many non-Blood Elf Druids would you end up seeing? Probably not many. Sorta the same thing here. You already rarely even see a Moonkin Form in favour of the glyph.

Yeah, you can get the option, but then you won't see anyone shapeshifted anymore, and I think that's genuinely a bad thing for the Druid class fantasy.
Barely anyone playes with moonkin form anyway because it's a big ugly bird, and most people wants to see their character without some spectral falling star filter. I second this idea a million times. Once they fix it I might go back to my druid.
1 Like
They can't remove Moonkin form / Astral form visuals because of PvP mostly.
Moonkin can't be polymorphed and hexed, but normal druid can.

By allowing the form to remain while looking normal, people won't know when you're polymorph-able, also if you're vulnerable more to physical damage, etc...

I agree that Moonkin form needs a glyph or something to look like the incarnation version all the time (which is bad !@#).
2 Likes
28/10/2018 18:40Posted by Tamrah
26/10/2018 22:50Posted by Thaldonan
Jesus christ no wonder Blizzard adopts a 'No fun allowed policy' with nutjobs like this guy around. People randomly lashing out at the very idea of giving people a choice

I have to kinda agree that it's a bit of a pointless choice, though. It definitely sucks that you guys can't stand to play Druids as an alt because of the form / glyph, but ultimately, Druids as a class have always been, primarily, about shapeshifting in World of Warcraft. I'd personally prefer to keep Druid's class identity intact for all those people that main Druids and like the shapeshifting aspect, instead of removing it for some more people to play it as an alt.

The whole "well, if it's an option it's not forced!" thing is not necessarily.. correct, I guess? Well, it's correct. But let's say Blood Elves were to be valid options for Druids - how many non-Blood Elf Druids would you end up seeing? Probably not many. Sorta the same thing here. You already rarely even see a Moonkin Form in favour of the glyph.

Yeah, you can get the option, but then you won't see anyone shapeshifted anymore, and I think that's genuinely a bad thing for the Druid class fantasy.

Saying class fantasy a 100 times does not make your point valid when you're literally imposing -your- idea of the class on people. Druid is always and only about shapeshifting? That's the class fantasy huh? Funny, what about Resto druids? What about Malfurion? What about the druids at the Temple of the Moon? What about all those balance druid NPCs who don't need to turn into Moonkin? No, this is what -you- want, don't randomly cry "ITS MUH CLASS FANTASEH" when even the lore doesn't support you.

29/10/2018 11:02Posted by Moonlightmoo
They can't remove Moonkin form / Astral form visuals because of PvP mostly.
Moonkin can't be polymorphed and hexed, but normal druid can.

By allowing the form to remain while looking normal, people won't know when you're polymorph-able, also if you're vulnerable more to physical damage, etc...

I agree that Moonkin form needs a glyph or something to look like the incarnation version all the time (which is bad !@#).

Your argument would be valid if we didn't already have a glyph that removes Moonkin form, the problem is that the Astral glyph instead throws an ugly blue filter on you, Astral form USED to look way better, I'm not even asking for us to look like our normal form in Moonkin form, I'm asking for a better Astral form, something that allows us to see our gear, our character, not a !@#$%^- blue blob.
3 Likes