Please let us play Balance without Moonkin/Astral Form

omg Moonkin is awesome, its wise lunar bird
Would be awsome to get a more normal look like Malfurion with feathery arms or having more forms to choose from. Love the Moonkin but gets boring to run around like a fat wise bird for a longer period of time.
The animations are not as good those of your character.
On that maybe give Moonkins the new spellcast animations.
2 Likes
Saying class fantasy a 100 times does not make your point valid when you're literally imposing -your- idea of the class on people. Druid is always and only about shapeshifting? That's the class fantasy huh? Funny, what about Resto druids? What about Malfurion? What about the druids at the Temple of the Moon? What about all those balance druid NPCs who don't need to turn into Moonkin? No, this is what -you- want, don't randomly cry "ITS MUH CLASS FANTASEH" when even the lore doesn't support you.

Woah! No need to be so aggressive, I'm just stating my opinion. You're calling people idiots and trolls and nutjobs left, right and centre, and complaining about other people lashing out? Chill out.

I'd say Resto Druids had Tree of Life form as a permanent thing, and while I'm not one for Vanilla nostalgia (in this case, BC and LK) I do think that was a cool thing, because back then yes, Druids were focused on forms. Resto Druid had Tree of Life (which was a Treant!), Balance had Moonkin, Feral had Bear and Cat - obviously they split this into two specs.

Lore-wise, Balance Druids have always been a bit weird in that regard, I completely agree, although you could argue Malfurion is powerful enough to really not care about taking on a specific form to become closer to the Solar & Lunar forces at this point. Hell, doesn't he have arm-wings or something? He's practically always part-Moonkin.

To me, a Druid is a shapeshifter and a defender of nature. Both of these are equally important things in my personal vision of a Warcraft Druid. A Shapeshifter that didn't care about nature (cough, Horde Druids lore-wise right now), or a Druid that didn't shapeshift, are both.. not really very Druidic to me in terms of Warcraft! The former is just a shapeshifter, the latter is just a nature-focused Shaman'esque thing - not that this exists in the game as an option minus maybe Resto Druid.

31/10/2018 13:10Posted by Tamrah
literally imposing -your- idea of the class on people

Also, no, that'd be Blizzard "literally" imposing their idea of it on people, which I think is right.

31/10/2018 13:10Posted by Tamrah
don't randomly cry "ITS MUH CLASS FANTASEH"

And I think crying is a bit of an exaggeration? I was merely stating my personal opinions and preferences for the Druid class.

No matter what you think, or say, the fact is that 3 out of 4 Druid specs must be in a Shapeshifted form to be optimal. Restoration is the exception, although in the past it was 4 out of 4 (well, 3 out of 3, Feral being weird and all). This is a fact. An opinion is whether you think this is appropriate or not. I think it is!

I understand that this is something you're passionate about, however, and whilst I completely disagree with pretty much everything about having options to straight-up remove forms and form-like appearances for the sake of my vision of a stereotypical Warcraft Druid (because you know 99% of people would pick it, just like Blood Elf Druids would end up being a majority of the Druid population), this is simply my opinion, and there's no need to be quite so aggressive and rude - I wish you the best of luck.
3 Likes
How can anyone argue against more customization OPTIONS. Thats just moronic.

OnTopic: This would be perfect for the Glyphsystem, which Blizzard severly underuses.
3 Likes
31/10/2018 16:14Posted by Uvireath

Doesn't seem like it'd be much of an option if everyone would use it, at which point, why not just remove the Moonkin Form theme entirely? Better yet, remove all Shapeshifting and rework Druids to not use shapeshifting to cater to people that want to play Druids but don't like shapeshifting. The only class that's had instant shapeshifting for more than a decade doesn't need it anymore, so a couple of people can play without it!

This is what you sound like. Rude, angry, silly, and exaggerative. No need for it.
2 Likes
31/10/2018 17:54Posted by Tamrah
31/10/2018 16:14Posted by Uvireath

Doesn't seem like it'd be much of an option if everyone would use it, at which point, why not just remove the Moonkin Form theme entirely? Better yet, remove all Shapeshifting and rework Druids to not use shapeshifting to cater to people that want to play Druids but don't like shapeshifting. The only class that's had instant shapeshifting for more than a decade doesn't need it anymore, so a couple of people can play without it!

This is what you sound like. Rude, angry, silly, and exaggerative. No need for it.

Wrong again, Druids are not all about SHAPESHIFTING, you're mixing Druids of the Claw and Talon with 'Druids' overall, if you spend even a little time looking at the various druids in Warcraft as a series you'd be able to see that while -yes- a faction of druids focus on shapeshifting and such, Druids of the Talon for example in WC3 were all about spellcasting in their elven forms using NATURE MAGIC. Moonkin form has always and will always be a random, out of left field idea thrown out there by Blizzard which sure -fine-. But I and others want the option of a better Astral Form that lets us see our characters, the characters we spent time on designing. You're arguement comes from the most selfish place I can think of "Well I don't want to see less Moonkins around so...BAD IDEA NEXT"

I mean jesus, not my fault you chose Tauren and do not care about never seeing your character at all. (NOT THAT I'M EVEN ADVOCATING THE REMOVAL OF MOONKIN FORM, JUST CHOICE.)
4 Likes
Yeah and where is my melee mage and holy warlock while you're at it !

I would also want a shaman that doesn't use elements or shamanism.

Seriously. Of all the things that are craptastic with the gutted classes this exp moonkin form is rather low on the totem pole
I think keeping Astral form is fine so long as they update the effect. It shouldn't just be a transparent blue ghost with stars raining on it.

Make it flow more, make it look more detailed.
01/11/2018 09:07Posted by Zhugwhistle
Yeah and where is my melee mage and holy warlock while you're at it !

I would also want a shaman that doesn't use elements or shamanism.

Seriously. Of all the things that are craptastic with the gutted classes this exp moonkin form is rather low on the totem pole

You literally read nothing and made a random Troll post, like why? Seriously are you that much of a randomly spiteful person? Shaman that doesn't use elements? Melee mage? What the !@#$ how is this even remotely like you things?

My god this is honestly the most disgusting community ever.
3 Likes
20/10/2018 22:48Posted by Sariath
Again these threads...
Guys if you don't like shapreshift don't play druid in the first place. That's what the whole class is based on. Blizzard is not gonna change it just because a handful of us don't understand that.

No, it is not what the class is based on, druid ''can'' shape shift, but Balance druids never had to or needed that in lore. They were spell casters that summon treants, roots, storms, etc...Malfurion Stormrage was a prime example of that in the novels, it was only recently that they started showing him relying on shape shifting. Lore is different from game play. All Blizzard has to do is add a new cosmetic glyph for balance that removes Moonkin form.
2 Likes
I think Blizzard missed a good opportunity in Legion to make reskins of the Moonkin form via the artifact weapon. That would have been awesome.

Now, they are basically doing just that by making Allied races, where the new forms look amazing and very distinct. Would be nice if they made the existing races more distinct as well.
1 Like
30/10/2018 20:58Posted by Aoyl
omg Moonkin is awesome, its wise lunar bird

It's closest looking to an Owl, right? Contrary to popular belief, Owls are not wise, they're actually dumb as hell. Good at hunting in the dark though.
I don't think that will happen because of PvP. Essentially Blizzard kinda wants people to know at a glance what they're fighting against. Similar thing as the priest's shadowform.
2 Likes
Don't like Boomy form?
Play restoration.
1 Like
Well... I can see many resolution of this case...
- star/solar glyph should contain only for druids body, not their gear
- moonkin form should have customizations (antlers, pieces of gear, feathers colours, face (beak?), claws etc....) just like worgen form...
- new model - Zandalari trolls have arracoa model and its very nice ; )
- new casting animations

I must say it... I realy like my moonkin form. Its perfect for me. I'm fat, wise and calm... :D

Ten warriors in battle looks like ten different characters. Ten balanced druid in battle looks just the same ; ) Sad truth...
1 Like
You guys are crazy :’D for years I see druids beg for claws of shirvallah glyph for ferals and you think they gonna make the Moonkin form to be customized haha funny
20/10/2018 22:48Posted by Sariath
Again these threads...
Guys if you don't like shapreshift don't play druid in the first place

Actually, Moonkin form is a rather poor form. It's nothing like Guardian or Feral. You can still use your spells outside the form, which makes the form feel like nothig but a cosmetic feature. It would feel a lot better if most of the spells required Moonkin form to be used.

I'm a long time druid(2006), and love the shapeshifting features of our class, but Moonkin doesn't feel good. Cat and Bear does however.
3 Likes
Omg, I can't believe this thread!

First off, I will admit, I don't like the owl model AT ALL. Astral form is better. Armored Owl is better yet--it should be the standard.

But complaining about druid forms, that is an all time low for these forums.

What's next? Arms warrior says he doesn't like two handed axe, and would like to appear barehanded??

It belongs to the class people!?!

I am happy though astral form exist. The owl form looks like a clown :-)
12/11/2018 10:59Posted by Jalisco
But complaining about druid forms, that is an all time low for these forums.

YEAH! HOW DARE I HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT A CRAPPY OWLBEAR FORM! How dare I not like just ONE THING IN THE CLASS RIGHT!?! If there was no Moonkin that = no more DRUID AT ALL! INFACT ENTIRE CLASS SHOULD BE NAMED 'MOONKIN CLASS'.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT I'M SO LOW FOR POSTING MY OPINION I DESERVE TO !@#$ING GET SHOT IN THE HEAD AND DIE, TY FRIEND.
3 Likes
I think the solution would be to use the armored moonkin form.
But make it so that it shows parts of the armor you are using.

You know so you can customize it a little bit.

Just show the shoulders, and gloves and helm.

That would make me personally really happy.