Please Remove Rune Of Power

RoP is homogenizing all specs because all rotations revolve around this talent!
Making us stand still doesn’t fit the content nowdays which has nonstop high movement, not to mention the dps increase doesn’t even worth the high risk of using this talent.
Stop being so stubborn and remove it already.

18 Likes

It’s better than it used to be, but I would honestly love to see it gone. Tired of having to stand still

6 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. You could argue that it adds skillcap to the specs in form of timing it properly, but honestly… it’s not fun to be forced into one spot. Especially as fire where mobility with instants is meant to be our thing, but RoP goes against that design.

5 Likes

Other suggestion:
Make Rune of Power a permanent spell, that we can turn on and off with a 10 sec cd, so we don’t rely as much anymore on cdr…
The idea behind it is cool, but the implementation is boring, bland, and creates very bad playstyles…

1 Like

It’s really better to just remove rune. Having a near-permanent 40% damage increase just makes scaling baseline abilities awkward.

5 Likes

Mage has too many multipliers anyway. I’ve been waiting for Rune to be gone, ever since MoP…I’m still waiting.

6 Likes

I like Rune of Power and would not like to see it gone.

1 Like

I never liked it too, it also increases the already good fire burst to absurd levels, which is not something that i support.

I don’t want every class to do consistent damage throughout, but it’s undeniable, that having such high burst does have it’s fair share of problems from a balance point of view.

And rune of power is hardly interesting anyway. Neither is incanter’s flow to be honest, but at least it’s not an actual problem like rune.

I definitely would not shed any tears for rune of power if it was gone.

1 Like

I used to dislike rune but I love it now. It’s much better with a weakaura showing when your in range of it, it could do with a better animation to show its true size. People think you have to stand on it but it high movement fights or m+ you should never actually be stood on it. You should stand to the side of it so when you have to move you move to the other side of it and never leave its range.

I actually miss casting it before a big combust like in bfa.

3 Likes

Even with the size being larger than the visual, it is limiting to one’s movement. While it might fit arcane who hardcasts during their burst, it doesn’t go well with the design of mobility-oriented specs like fire. I know how to use it and usually manage to stay inside the rune during raid fights, but I still dislike the talent and wish it was gone.

2 Likes

Thinking about it, I dislike Rune of Power being the meta for everything, but it should not be removed.
Incanter’s Flow should do the same Damage though over a long period of time, and we should only use Rune of Power, if we want Burst during specific Raid Fights.

The problem is if your spec is based on one major burst ability (aka combustion / Arcane power) you will have to use RoP always cause it lines up when you pop it, so buffing IF won’t be enough, they will have to nerf RoP by a lot.

They have to nerf combustion I think. They have talents now, that would allow a pyroblast spam wizard playstyle with a 50% reduced combustion time. It’s a tuning thing. If they buff this, we could play it with incanters flow and ice floes. It could also become very fun and more noob-friendly in pvp, if they make Fire a Wizard spec. I think fire mage being only useful during combustion and outside of it doing tank levels of damage is only fun, if you have a good tank, that pulls huge for your cds. A hard cast build could be nice for pugs in m+ and pvp, but it will only be played, if it’s strong.

I agree its overtuned. Tbh with the way skb fire works there shouldn’t be much between them but there is, same with frost ST. Suppose the inbalance takes away the choice and it becomes the torghast of talents: might be fun if you didnt have to use it. Hopefully they balance the node a bit.

I can see a fire aoe build in the tree that would suite IF but not if it stays undertuned.

If they’re gonna nerf something it should be rune of power, because it’s just a % damage increase. Not combustion which actually brings some really cool gameplay with it.

The max they could do with combustion is remove the mastery scaling, and increase the duration of combustion to make up for the loss in damage, so it comes to overall the same.

You people think you want RoP gone but you actually don’t want RoP gone, it would make all specs play for uptime like frost which is neither fun, nor rewarding.

Please focus on actual problems that the new talent trees have instead of whining about RoP :exclamation:

2 Likes

I think it’s clear that pretty much no one here likes rune.

1 Like

You people think you want RoP gone but you actually don’t want RoP gone, it would make all specs play for uptime like frost which is neither fun, nor rewarding. Please focus on actual problems that the new talent trees have instead of whining about RoP

I actually agree with this despite it not being the most popular opinion here. I should say that I’m not a mage main but it is a class I enjoy a lot as an alt.

Honestly, Rune of Power is the least of mage’s problems right now. I don’t personally mind it. I can see why it might annoy people too but 9/10 times, if you play really well by utilising your alter time/blink, positioning properly and timing your CDs relative to certain fight mechanics you can often avoid losing significant RoP uptime.

ol I like it

agree, worst talent ever. I have written it since legion

2 Likes