Please remove shapeshift gcd

As in the title, forms on gcd feels very slow and clunky. U can even put back mana cost but remove gcd blizzard

16 Likes

I would prefer it they either reduced the GCD after shapeshifts or put shifting on its own GCD. That is, you can only change forms every 1.5seconds but can cast spells directly after switching into form.

7 Likes

I would really like if every ability was useable in every form, and doing so would just turn you into the appropriate form. Like I can use Shred in Moonkin form, but that turns me into Cat form.

1 Like

Think the issue would be that changing forms acts as a cleanse for movement impairing effects. It would be incredibly broken in PvP and PvE if it was off the GCD.

2 Likes

This is an incredibly broken idea. If you could drop form (which is off the GCD currently) and cast a HoT then instantly go back into bear form, there would be literally no time when you weren’t in bear form in PVP. Which makes druids insanely tanky.

I would really like if every ability was useable in every form, and doing so would just turn you into the appropriate form. Like I can use Shred in Moonkin form, but that turns me into Cat form.

You can do this in Macro’s already:

#showtooltip Shred
/cast [nostance] !Cat Form
/cast [stance:1] !Cat Form
/cast [stance:3] !Cat Form
/cast [stance:4] !Cat Form
/cast [stance:5] !Cat Form
/cast [stance:2] Shred

Although I agree that this would be better if it was default functionality and didn’t require a macro.

Changing stance fundamentally changes your characters Health, Armor, Speed and changes you into another category of animal for CC purposes. This is not an insignificant action and as such, deserves to be on the GCD.

Feral Druid could be buffed significantly if Shapeshifting either had a mana-cost or wasn’t spammable infinitely. It’s a sad thought.

Darn, I tend to forget that PvP exists :slight_smile: Still, I agree that the current system is very clunky. May be just reducing the GCD on shapeshifts would already be enough.

Wouldn’t that completely make druid broken? The many macros you could make if they removed gcd from shapeshifting. I think its alright the way it is. If it isn’t broken, why fix it?

If they do that, then they’d have to remove the ability to break roots and slows from shapeshifting.

Shaleshifting is already the most forgiving it ever was. In the past you couldn’t even spam it without going OOM.

How was it back in MOP. can’t remember. I only remember that shapeshifting was a lot more fluent back in the day. And now it is so clunky and akward

It was fine for over a decade.

2 Likes

Do we need a zero-cooldown root cleanse though? I’d rather have our power budget go into a more fun to use mechanic

It wasn’t zero cooldown it was on a cooldown, albeit a short cooldown. They should have given the character a debuff if a powershift removed a CC effect. Right now it’s useless it you’re a tank.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.