Please rethink covenant abilities

They look like some serious balancing problems and will likely tunnel you into a specific one depending on the content you want to play and I dont want to have to swap them every time I decide to do m+, raids, world related stuff or pvp.

Please only allow the abilities out in the world and disable them everywhere else. Borrowed power is not fun specially when you only borrow one at a time with a huge cost.

4 Likes

Let us hope they change the covenant idea to be like essences, also from Lore perspective it can work, idk however how Soulbinds will work.
All covenants need your help since you’re a unique case in shadowlands, being there and being alive, they are all willing to give you a portion of their power, aka the signature ability and class/spec specific ability, however cosmetics to be unlock and can only be used if you’re a part of the certain covenant.

So it is like essences currently, you can swap them with a tome or in rested areas and you can swap a covenant to get your abilities, while you have cosmetics locked to the covenant you choose to be a part of.

When you swap specs they each have their own covenant abilities just like when you swap specs to find your neck swapping the essences according to your choices on that spec.

The covenant abilities they showed at Blizzcon were very different from what we’re seeing now, which suggests to me (an optimist) that these are still open to change. They’ve gone from giving all covenants a similar ability (all previously were variations on increasing movement and reducing threat) to having more distinctive and different abilities. I think there’s still time for it to swing back the other way or to find a more balanced position in between. They seem keen to have a large window for feedback so fingers crossed they listen to our concerns about balance and implement changes.

Not to be a dick but they’re probably more likely to read every post placed in the thread they started about it themselves then scour the forums for people who might have made a topic about it but it was burried under other threads
Discussion is always great but if you hadn’t already I suggest also placing your feedback in the original thread

1 Like

Nope… You are getting both. One is movement and second is combat type of ability. They abandoned nothing ATM.

All classes will get the same movement ability that differ by covenant where combat abilities will be different based on both covenant and class.

They should just make it like this:

• You get a extra talent row
  • unlock them permanently when you grinded them (account wide)
  • switching them like normal talents

I think then it wouldn’t be that bad.

Why is it that people are freaking out about these covenant abilities.

They are just talent tree abilities that you need to unlock by a timegated rep grind.

They are not harder to balance than any other ability in the game.

Might be reading it all wrong (was reading the notes early this morning), but the Necrolord all-class ability now gives a shield rather than movement (in addition to the class-specific abilities). Unless we now get 2 all-class abilities and a class-specific ability?

Maybe I am not up to date~ Necrolords no longer have OOB? :sweat_smile:

Yeah, there have been changes to the Kyrian and Necrolord abilities - Necrolords get a shield and Kyrians summon a squire who gives a health/dispel potion or something like that. I think the Venythr and Night Fae ones are still largely the same. The news article has full details of what’s planned so far (lots of the class specific abilities, especially for Night Fae, are still TBC)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.