Please separate [Wrath of the Lich King Classic Era] and [Cataclysm Classic Era]!

So, you judged my citizenship and residency by cyrrilic nickname? :clown_face:

I am Russian by nationality, EU citizen since 2004, WoW player since may 2005.

So the question is who are you Š”Ń€Š°ŠŗŠ¾ŃˆŠ° to judge me? A fellow EU member citizen or recent migrant?

3 Likes

Too bad. You are playing B-class retail. At least they kept the original classic.

The ā€œrepresentativeā€ poll I got didnā€™t even allow me to participate both in the retail and classic part of the poll. I could only choose one or the other.

I was logging into WotLK daily up until the day they announced Cata and no plans for WotLK era servers. Then my interest kind of waned not because I didnā€™t enjoy WotLK Classic but because it turned out to be another hamster wheel like Retail already is.

I have zero interest in raiding and cutting-edge content yet Iā€™ve never felt that there was ā€œnothing to doā€ in WoW. Maybe because I donā€™t rush to complete the latest raid often ignoring everything else just to complain that there is supposedly nothing to do.

I am not against Cata servers but I donā€™t understand how a multi-billion company in a game with a constant subscription model canā€™t afford to host a couple servers with some kind of end point in mind rather than a rush to the latest-and-greatest patch.

The silver lining is that I have about 4 months of game time left and I think this is a good opportunity to finally quit the game where Iā€™m clearly not the intended target group.

BTW the fact that you canā€™t post without active game time is NOT a good thing and creates an echo chamber for people who will accept anything Blizzard does. And Classic Era allegedly dying is a testament to nothing because they locked characters behind a pay wall.

4 Likes

Nobody is gonna read your stupid message, i whould kindly suggest that you go on warmane and rot there for the rest of your pathetic life and play wotlk.

1 Like

In a perfect world, weā€™d have at least 1 PvE and PvP Era server for each ā€œclassicā€ version of WoW (Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata and whatever else may follow in the future). Unfortunately, I donā€™t see this happening ever.

5 Likes

Itā€™s so obvious you played neither retail nor Cata. Wrath is way more similar to Cata, than BC and vanilla.

Itā€™s also ironic, because you lot crap more on retail players than vice versa. They really live rent free in your head, huh?

You act like they didnā€™t neglect the whole Classic franchise as a whole, including your beloved Wrath. Enjoyed the mismanaged servers, catchup systems, bots and ICC despite the playerbase declining heavily week 3?

2 Likes

Obviously you never played OG Wrath. Just like the classic team that made changes for Wotlk Classic, you have 0 knowledge about WoW 2004-2010. OG Wrath is not similar to Cata. Under the hood Wotlk is just an evolution of vanilla. It Cata where they started reworking everything under the hood with talents, abilities, etcā€¦

It so easy to detect people that knows nothing about WoW.

7 Likes

Actually most cata talents are same as wrath only some are merged cos they were useless or you put 3 instead of 5 points into them. When it comes to abilities tbc->wrath it addes prolly same amount of abilities as wrath-> cata did. If you mean patch 3.0.0 then yes it was prolly Closer to tbc however when it comes to 3.1 talents are very similar to cata and when it comes to 3.3 the game overall is very close to cata. Also some specs that clearly didnt work in wrath got reworked such as boomkins. Some outdated stuff got reworked (hunter mana, lock soul shards). In the end cata classes are more smooth to play with less clunky stuff than wrath as they filled gaps in design. (Fel flame was best addition ever)

Iā€™m not talking about talents tree squish from 51 point to 31 point. I was referring to mechanical differences.

4 Likes

Most clases evolved even further in same way as they did with Vanila>TBC>WOtlk.
As for rogue i remember that vanish got changed and didnt broke instantly on damage before u made opener. Healing with Recuperate+ overall increased survivability and nerfed stunlocks + smokebomb/redirect. Everything feels like organic evolution.

1 Like

Yes as i said cata classes are more polished, less clunky and feel more complete. For example in tbc as most classes you would press 1 spell or do 60% of your dmg via autoattack. In cata you actually have to press more than 1 button.

Another retail influencer that comes up with defending retail and everything that destroyed old world and original trilogy. You can ask any streamer during any time of day or night and they will tell that thereā€™s no such thing as Cata Classic.

2 Likes

True, everyone didnā€™t read between the lines what I wanted to say with my topic!

Indeed. Just found one.

If you make a macro, you will use only one button, even in Cataclysm.
Please donā€™t tell us how deep is Cataclysm, that is not.

I never said its deep tho? All iā€™m saying is itā€™s more fun since my whole rotation Is not 1 button only. There was literally 1 button in tbc Now you got some situational spells (in tbc there was like nothing i could do in most cases). Also overall obviously Its not, was not and will never be a rocket science. However comparing tbc to cata i can confidently say itā€™s definitely deeper. Also i can say i have use for every single button in my bars which definitely was not the case in tbc.

And as many left Wrath when Cata announce.

Let us have Era server to all xpacs, please.

1 Like

Worthless reply by a worthless person. Took you long enough.

1 Like

My bet is they will bring it back as seasonal content with some changes like the MoP thats coming soon

So thatā€™s how you feel about yourself. Want me to book you a therapy session?