Please stop prunning classes, DF talents are ideal moment to give option to enjoy your class FOR EVERYONE

First of all, I THOUGHT TALENT TREES WERE MADE FOR PLAYERS TO DECIDE HOW THEY WANT TO COSTUMISE THEIR GAMEPLAY
THEN I READ THIS → https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzard-on-current-state-of-priests-healer-priests-will-not-have-access-to-328843

SERIOUSLY ? As a priest Im devasted they want to remove mind games or any other active spells BECAUSE PLAYERS THAT HAVE OPTION TO NOT TAKE IT DECIDED THAT ANOTHER HALF PLAYERBASE THAT WOULD ENJOY FINALLY HAVING MORE IN TOOLKIT SHOULDN’T HAVE IT TOO JUST BECAUSE.

PLAYERS THAT DON’T WANT THAT MANY ACTIVE SPELLS, DONT HAVE TO CHOOSE THEM, THEY CAN CHOOSE ANYTHING ELSE FROM PASSIVES OR DEFFENSIVES

PLAYERS WHO WANT TO FINALLY HAVE MORE IN TOOLKIT AND ARE BORED WITH 12312312 ROTATION, ARE NOW SCALPED OF THEIR DREAMS BECAUSE YES

LET PLAYERS COSTUMISE HOW THEY WANT TO PLAY, NO ONE IS FORCED TO CHOOSE THEIR TALENTS PATHS, THESE ARE NOT DAMN BASE SPELLS

4 Likes

I agree with your statement.

But lets not pretend that theres seriously options, no ones going to lose 10-15% of their dps to take non optimal talents thats just the truth.

I dislike pruning, but im also not on the beta so i dont know if the ability count was actually a problem or if blizzard are scared of raising skill caps.

2 Likes

As a pvper and shadowpriest I do think there are too many buttons looking at DF. I personally don’t like mind games and I also think for healing priests to have a silence available is too much.

1 Like

YOU, PERSONALLY, exactly so here are people that like this skill a lot and is interesting. And is also good in pvp, the fact you dont like it means you dont have to pick it, its not a reason to remove it for another 50% who would love to keep this spell in spellbook

ppl who are overwhelmed by buttons ( which really happens only when someone rarely plays the game because its not hard at all, and current design is easy even for beginners in some cases) WOULD chose passives over better active talents, and in that case losing 10% dps is totally fair, as they eventually can learn how to play, because if you play its impossible to not progress

I don’t even know if button bloat is a good argument, if the core works. For example, if 8 of your spells do 95% of the work I don’t think you’d be upset to have 16 active spells. That’s what prot pala feels like on live, I don’t know what half my stuff does but the core loop doesn’t need it.

And then a great player can learn to push the class to 11 by using all spells. That’s fantastic. Unfortunately I don’t think that many specs work that way, even if specced to it.

Tbh i think its part of what i dont like witb this new system. I dont think there should be a easymode in this sorta manner.

Introducing passive playstyles generally only gives people excuses to never bother improving. I think they should just make their decision to where they want the speccs difficulty and deliever on that.

But yeah this repruning now seen twice isnt a good sign to things to come, we want larger ability pools, not for them to statically remain the same size as to now.

Button bloat would only be a good argument if you physically have too many abilities to fit into the rotation really.

And for that to exist, you would need alot of abilities on short CDs.

The shadow priest didnt have too many abilities to fit the rotation, its simply people screeching they want things simplified.

Which is mental, considering most players have been screeching for a return to MoP for aslong as pruning existed in legion…

1 Like

Yep. If you can fit the basic stuff, then cool.

I do think the points about mind games, damnation, activating shadowfiend etc being a lot of buttons are slightly valid. Coming from console games they’re forced to think about the buttons but wow devs don’t. Case in point i was playing XC3 with 7 spells replaced with 4 in ‘super form’, and it makes me wonder if those extra spells do different things for me or if just exist for flavour. Could they be one spell with a shorter CD instead? Because I almost want a macro that casts a random spell off cd then.

I’m just gonna click them and only hotkey my rotation things, but it has led to mistakes before.

Haha myan chill down, i was just giving my opinion. I’m down for mindgames to stay as it is, just saying I dont like it that much going into DF. Might actually stull use it later on if it’s better :wink:

A good example are Unholy DKs. They have like 5 globals atleast they gotta hit before their damage starts ramping up. That too feels to bad.

Im also somewhere in the middle. Very happy we get extra stuff like mindspike, just hope its not going to be too much at the end

1 Like

I’m not even close to understanding Unholy, seems like it’s worth mastering though.

I do think dot classes are dealt a bit of a bad hand in this game when their dots aren’t being applied/refreshed as part of dealing the damage.
And I think I’ll put this in the other thread actually.

Ye him. He said as pvper. Button bloat become a big struggle when you have to bind also target focus, focus silence/stun, md, PI etc etc…
Its not all just about the abilities.
And shadow just have too many damaging abilities that do basicaly the same thing, or just damage with zero interaction with our kit - like halo/star.

For me this is a big part of the reason shadow tree is so damn :poop: for dragobflight. “Because there are ppl that enjoys it” is the reason why half of the tree is about mind spike and dark ascension but doesnt work together with voidform and its quirks. Just because ppl either wannt it or didnt want voidform…now we have mix of two where either doesnt work well and both are unfinished…and will be unfinished till 10.1.

1 Like

But there’s a gigantic tree full of space for both love and avoidance of void form. But nah.

This is a drastic oversimplification / leap to make. More buttons does not automatically mean more complex / interesting / skill intensive gameplay, the buttons have to do something and you have to have other buttons / passives that care about what that something is. Buttons that do damage on cooldown that you press on cooldown because they do damage are in most cases not interesting, they’re tedious.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.