Pocket Pet Portal

So, I only started pet battling properly into BFA & purchased the PPP for 1000 Polished Pet Charms.

To my surprise today upon getting the legion achieve ‘Battle on the Broken Isles’ I received another PPP in the mail.

To my horror I can’t redeem this at Madeline Netley, nor it seems do anything with my 2nd one other than delete it!

Surely it can’t be too difficult for the devs to make it so that in-game it recognises you already have ‘1500’ pet slots unlocked & either upgrade the achieve reward to the 2000 slot portal or to reward the 1000 pet charms you already spent!?

Logged 2 tickets about this today but got nowhere. Responses basically said - ‘I knew what I was doing buying the thing in the first place’! Arrghhhhhhh - please fix this! (& yes I have submitted a suggestion to improve this)

I sympathise. I know what a grind it is to get your first thousand Charms.

The Madeline Netley portal was added so that people joining in BfA could get the portal without going back to Legion. (Which, tbh, isn’t a really strong case, but whatever.)

Your suggestion does sound good, and I hope they introduce it, but I doubt they will; they’re not give-ish around things like that. At least, as a new battler, you missed the Great Charm Shuffle at the end of Legion, where a lot of battlers who weren’t following the news on third-party fan sites got badly burned as their thousands of old Charms built up over two expansions became almost useless overnight.

You seem to be making great progress as a new battler! You should probably keep an eye on:

Xu-Fu’s Guides: https://wow-petguide.com/

Warcraft Pets: https://www.warcraftpets.com/

WarcraftPets Discord: https://discord.gg/967Vu7G

for news, tips, and advice.

Hi thanks for the reply & thanks for the links. The first two links have indeed become must-haves in my favourites toolbar.

I already knew about the Warcraftpets website many moons ago when I used to collect companion pets (albeit casually) before the battles were ‘a thing’. Always a good source of information. i never knew about the Westfall Chicken before I visited there! lolz.

I’ve calmed down a bit today after my blizzard interactions yesterday. Still not over the moon about wasting the 1000 charms, but hey-ho.

The final two falcosaur mounts are within reach today! HOORAY!!!

1 Like

So if you make the “Battler of Broken Isles” achievment, you receive the 1,5k pets stone? If yes, you dont need to buy it from Haula anymore? And if not, after you uppgrade to 1,5k slots you can buy the 2k stone?

Yes, and yes.

Once you have 1500 slots, however you got there, you can buy the 2000 slot stone.

Awesome, i already have 900+ charms collected and is quite a pain in the a## to collect them. I will focus on maxing more pets next week and after i hunt all thoose battle achievments. I can hardly wait for next week.
Thx for all the infos. Its good to see a person with knowledge that has pacience to help others with answers/guides/advices.

If your maxing them with battles - multi achieve it.

I tend to use an ALT for levelling experiance in Dreanor, pushing alomng my https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9264/draenor-pet-brawler#comments achievment. Im at 1860ish now… should do it soon if I can stand to do more brain dead battles.

I found the best way to level-up a pet is during pet event week. Combined with Safari Hat, i can make lvl 25 to a pet in just a single battle. The best places to do it are theese 2:

1. Daralan Tamer (near horde bank).
  2. If you are lucky with that Tamer from Menagerie (i dont remember the name) but his spawn is limited (once at every few weeks).

Due the fact that my time is limited and i must split my gameplay on different contents: world quests, pvp or wpvp, pet battles, rep farming on old content (dailies), the Dalaran tamer is my best option. Sadly i can play only 2-3h /day , so thatswhy my progress is slower. So thatswhy i hope next week to max at least 100-150 pets, maby if i am lucky (with time), i can do more.
    For the moment i focus only on collecting pets+maxing them. After i will focus on battles+battle achievments. The only ones hard to make will be the pvp pet battle achievments, especially that one with “win 10 battles in a row” , because even if i have a perfect team,always you will meet someone with a anti-combo.

Don’t limit yourself to Dalaran. All the Family Familiar Legion tamers are good, and the Dala ones are not necessarily the best, and may not be available when you are.

See here for all the info:

Yea, but from what i saw (in other posts), only Dalaran tamer is the only daily pet battle that you can repeat. The others, once defeated, you cant fight the second time. I hope i am not mistaken, but anyway, i got enough pets to counter any Dalaran Tamer and its more accesible and easier.

Nope.

Blizzard made ALL the Family Familiar tamers infinitely repeatable. ALL of the strategies on that page list tamers you can repeat as long as they are up, as many times as you can fit in.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.