Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software

wait

is multiboxing now banned

OH MY GOD YES
PLEASE TL3s WHIP OUT ALL YOUR GIFS AND POST THEM

5 Likes

This change is to deal with multiboxers who automate play of the other characters who are following them.

If you are MANUALLY alternating between each client window and doing your own key presses in each one you’re fine.

9 Likes

It states specifically the use of third party software Baltic, so if you don’t use any software then I would imagine it would be okay.

2 Likes

That should be fine under these new rules.

3 Likes

I would’ve never expected something such as that.

I actually love it.

2 Likes

You need to hit the requirements for Trust Level 3

Trust Level 3 — Regular

Regulars are the backbone of your community, the most active readers and reliable contributors over a period of months, even years. Because they’re always around, they can be further trusted to help tidy up and organize the community.

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months

It’s also in the pinned FAQ

You can do it!!!

3 Likes

6 Likes

It’s finally something the community can rally behind after all those server crashes, bugs and gripes about store content.

Now the trade channel has to be saved by getting boost sellers dealt with too.

3 Likes

ABOUT TIME!!!
good change
very good!

1 Like

Actual botters and goldsellers will be very happy to see this :slight_smile:

Ohhhh myyyy goooood, it’s finally happening.

Blizzard is closing the multiboxer loophole and botting just received a tremendous blow.

I honestly didn’t think I would ever see this happen.
Next step? Crack down on selling boosts for IRL cash.

5 Likes

Like, 99.9999% of the community is happy with this,
therefore its the best thing blizzard has ever done statistically

3 Likes

Thank you. This is a well overdue change. Back in the day multiboxing was usually limited to <5 or so accounts, which didn’t tend to be too disruptive, but these days players using it to pilot dozens of characters at once is clearly game-breaking in a multitude of ways. Azeroth will be a much fairer, more enjoyable place with multiboxing gone.

Posting in a legendary thread.

2 Likes

My mood right now :smile: :

2 Likes

Thank you, Blizzard.

About time!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Good riddance!

3 Likes

That or a Druid with multiple characters comes by just as you are going to grab a node and steals it from out of nowhere and then fly off like they did nothing wrong. When that happened to me on multiple occasions I knew that something wasn’t right with multiboxing.

3 Likes