Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software

After the change went live, they did take away gold from people who used broadcasting software for farming after the change.

You don’t take something away after a change that was allowed beforehand, what is this logic

2 Likes

Quite simple,as people who did not multibox used the boost and now they cant get a refund since the policy.Now if MB did the same thing and now on top of that want refund…simple.Fill in the blanks.

I think you need to take your witch hunter glasses off and realise people did get refunds, They have been refunding anyone who has asked since the game got delayed, You need to read more before blaming a group of players.

He thinks only multiboxers are only getting refunds. He just wants to believe that as they need something else to moan about.

1 Like

you will get a refund even tho you used the boost, they will just lock the character. and you will need to apply a new boost if you wanna reopen it, simple as that. i got refunded 4 copies where the boost had been used.

1 Like

Well, they refunded me 7 copies of SL while i decided to keep one for my main account and i was able to keep my saved up +100M gold.

People who still farm gold with broadcasting softwares are already getting warnings and they are also removing items, currencies from said farms (since the new changes)

this convo escalated quickly
what do i do now…

1 Like

^^ This :slight_smile:

Be my guest and either alt tab into new window and then manually pick herbs or use 10 different computers. The outcome is the same. People will give it up and stop as there is too much effort and time involved.

I’ve been multiboxing that way for 5-6 years, Didn’t make me give up. It’s not as hard as you think.

There is so many addons that help too btw, That are all within the rules, To this day too.

1 Like

As long as you are within the rules then you are fine.

Multiboxing itself is not against the rules, it’s just the software solution will now be.

I’ll give an example of what some of my addons do.

All the addons I mention use Blizzard addon api and are allowed.

strobe follow: Ever came off follow randomly in game? happens all the time, There is addons that strobe follow so this doesn’t happen,

auto quest sharing: I have an addon that auto shares quests and shows me the progress of my other characters on my main screen.

There is even strobing mount up addons thats allowed by Blizzard api.

I also have alerts on the “master” if something happens, Like an alt has fell off follow or is low health or being attacked.

There is more but you get the point.

Addons are allowed to communicate with each other, And help you out, Not against the rules. Addons most of the userbase uses does this all the time. Just like when dbm communicates with your guildies that someones near by etc

Look up the addon followme (not just used by multiboxers)

I dont care what you do as long as you have to manually pick herbs for every character you bring in. By means of alt tab or 10 different computers. I dont care.

As long as there are no more flocks of druis instantly depleting nodes the second they get there.

People will give up. This is the aim.

2 Likes

source on this? Because the actual sources I have from Blizzard is that it has nothing to do with muliboxers that where controlling the characters even with the software but because bots where using the software too.

Or we playing assume and say the opposit of what Blizzard have said?

What you think Blizzards aims should be doesn’t mean you get to guess what their aim is without them saying, When they have said the opposit from you.

I might as well go around saying it’s Blizzards aim is for feral druids to quit because of how bad they have made them in recent years.

The reason I end up taking part in these threads so much is the random made up things people go around saying, It’s like it’s open season to make false claims about something just because someone doesn’t like it.

I can only guess.

Let me see. They ban broadcasting software used to control little armies.

Id say their goal is to make playing 10 accounts at once a little harder than it is now. Seeing that you only have ten fingers and two arms, you wont be using ten different keyboards and completing raids in the same way you did with broadcasting. That is for sure.

Some people will continue to herb using either alt tab or resizing the window so they can fit multiple accounts on one screen. Others will not want to deal with the extra hassle of actually pressing 10 different buttons to loot one herb node.

So my guess is, that they aim to reduce the impact that one solo player using 20 accounts at once has, on a game largely meant to be played as a solo indivdual.

Like taxes. Believe it or not but making things more expensive reduces usage of certain items. Make it harder to play 10 accounts and the natural effect will be less people playing ten at once.

Did you read my post, I’m not guessing, Read the wowhead statement from Blizzard. It proves you wrong.

I did read your post.

The answer is pretty simple. You can infer, from their statement, that they wish to lessen the impact - that little armies have on the game - by making it harder to play said armies.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out where they are going with this.

BTW. If you want to see a fully functioning automatic bot that plays a game for you while you sleep, then go seek out Asherons Call. Set the bot up. Set up routes in the dungeon. Set rules up for attack priorities. Set up loot rules. Set up what and when to salvage. What ammo gets used against what critters. Press execute and go to bed.

Asherons Call has fully functioning, fully automatic, autonomous, combat macro’s that will play the game for you. Robots.

Blizzard stright out says one thing, You turn it into another and say it’s pretty simple, Talk about changing something to suit your agenda.

As World of Warcraft has evolved, our policies have also evolved to support the health of the game and the needs of the players. We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we’ve seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay. The use of input broadcasting software that mirrors keystrokes to multiple WoW game clients will soon be considered an actionable offense. We believe this policy is in the best interests of the game and the community.

How could this be to do anything other than remove the negative impact?

I agree with Dram on this.

Botters started to use the same software that legit multiboxers used, then added automation on top of that. So it became difficult for blizzard to figure out who was cheating and who wasnt.

Now that using the various softwares are banned, its less work for them.

Legit multiboxers will and have found alternative solutions and lets not kid ourself: botters will continue using other methods.

1 Like

No on has disputed that botters and boxers use the same software. However it does not change that this is an effort to reduce the number.