Poor player experience - mid encounter kick - unable to loot - locked to boss!

Quick summary

In a raid, ended up in the fire (happens to all of us some times :slight_smile: ), died. RL kicked me from the raid mid fight. Group went on to kill the boss.

I can live with the raid kick, I’m thick skinned enough and there are always going to be toxic players.

What is a very poor player experience though is not being able to loot the boss AND having that boss marked as killed.

Either allow me to loot, or don’t mark the boss as killed.

What is happening now is that a raid lead can effectively exclude a player from looting a boss in a particular week, should they so want to do so.

That can’t be right and should be fixed.

4 Likes

That does actually seem wrong. Whatever the reasons for the kick, if the player isn’t present at the kill, then they haven’t killed the boss, simple as.

By the same token, when some scrub pug quits a key on the last boss and the others 4-man it, they should not be mailed their loot, nor get a vault slot…

none of this was fixed

Unfortunately this is a scummy practice by some leaders. We’ve even had reports of a group of five being removed and not only have no access to loot but are also loot locked.

This is a flaw of Group Loot sadly.

1 Like

Do you want my humble and honest opinion?

You should just call it a distasteful and an obnoxious experience and move on. I’ve known many people in Warcraft. I’ve always been a PUG’ger both in Classic and Retail—I’ve seen raid leaders like that many times, while some gave people more than a couple of chances, see if they can improve or it was just a technical issue on their end. (I’ve, at times, had technical lag issues, etc., myself.)

As for the loot, it’s pretty sadge. I would basically put that raid leader to the block-list so that I don’t join their PUG’s again.

Stop afking in lfr and you will be gucci :slight_smile:

Somehow I dooubt he was in lfr or afk

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.