Pop-up dialogues in dungeons

Hello everyone, can anyone tell, is it possible to switch them off, they are really annoying and distracting, I don’t need that window to see that the battle has turned and the weapons are ours

2 Likes

Oh you mean the talking head?

Yeah, dumbest thing in the game. We already have a chatbox for crying out loud.
And you can’t even hide it despite everything it’s doing already being done elsewhere in the UI.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/hidetalkinghead

Enjoy.

4 Likes

Thanks so much!

Which dungeons feature those?

Uldaman at least iirc, probably more that i cant remember rn

My favourite moment was when, in Valdrakken, multiple pop-ups yearned for my undivided attention at once, when I returned to WoW a few months ago. I have nothing against using third party sources, but I can totally understand how newcomers/returners can be terrified by the apparent carelesssness of the NPCs about what is most important to start with and in what order one or other thing occurred.

Idk how for everyone, but Nokhund is the worst one, just every pack, when u kill khan/totem this talking head appears, even when fight still continues

3 Likes

Same problem in arena, but even worse, because we spam them and they don’t last nearly as long as a dungeon.

So, I found a fix.
I like dialogues in WoW. But I don’t like dialogue in arena - or, in your case, dungeons.

I got myself a new keybind for a macro that enables/disable in game dialogues whenever I press it. This means I enable dialogue anytime I’m not doing PvP, and then I disable it again whenever I join arena, all with a single press of a button on my bars.

Why do you guys want to deny yourself the thrills and engagement? Something wrong? :slight_smile:

I believe the talking heads are meant to be thrilling and engaging… I guess not if they appear for the 1000th time :smiley:

I have just moved mine up in the left upper corner of my screen so i dont really notice it all that much.

1 Like

You can make an addon that does that automatically.

I don’t know that any addon ever has, but you can. All you have to do is register to PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD and then check the world type. There’s one for arenas.

SomeFrameIdk:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD","RunTheBelowCode")

The below code (it should be a function)

local name, type, difficultyIndex = GetInstanceInfo()
if (type == "arena" or type == "pvp") then
   -- run your macro
else
  -- run the macro that undoes what that macro does
end

This sounds too complex but I thank you for trying to further solve the problem.

Uldaman dawn of the infinite ruby life pools nokund offence braKenhide all have them I think

It’s not complex at all; it’s probably 10 lines + the ToC file. But you do you :stuck_out_tongue:

Same, once it was out of the middle of the bottom of the screen, it no longer bothered me.

But I appreciate others want it silenced or gone ofc.