Portals for the Horde

I just started playing again recently after being away fro a bout a month and I must admit I like the new portal room idea. It looks good and it is functional. All the portals in one place works for me and I am sure for a lot of new players. That being said I have some issues with the new portal system:

1. There are no portals for Thunder Bluff. Thunder Bluff you have to take the Zeppelin and it takes about 10 min round trip. So if you just missed it you might be standing there waiting for 10 min before the damn thing shows up again and you are on your way to Thunder Bluff. In that same time you get 2 Borean Tundra and 2 Stranglehorn Vale airships as their turn around is about 5 min. Now that may not seem significant until you remember that the Darkmoon faire entrance is located near Thunder Bluff. All I can hope for is that Horde gets a Darkmoon faire entry portal somewhere in Ogrimar.

2. There are no portals to Vale of Eternal Blossoms. There is one for Honeydew Village and then you have to take a flight master ride to Vale of Eternal Blossoms. The portal room in Vale of Eternal Blossoms has only one portal now to Ogrimar that takes you into the portal room in Ogrimar where you only have the Honeydew Village portal again. Why does the portal not just take you directly to Vale of Eternal Blossoms from the start? I mean it’s central and all the vendors are there. “My fok Marelize???”

3. All the portals in Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Dalaran (Broken Isles) have been removed. Why? They were not hurting anyone and made easy jump points to get around by setting your heartstone to the nearest inn in Vale of Eternal Blossoms or just using your Dalaran heartstone. Can you just put them back, especially ALL the Dalaran (Broken Isles) ones. That would be the ones in the Horde and Alliance quarters and the ones in the basement of the Hall of the Guardians. That was an awesome jump point. All I can say about this is once again “my fok Marelize???”.

4. Now some practical issues I have with the portal room in Ogrimar. It used to be located in the Cleft of Shadows right in the middle of Ogrimar safely tucked away under ground with access points from all the sections in Ogrimar and easily defensible with minimal last stand defenders. What military strategist would put his only save way to evacuate the city in case of invasion at the front door. The cleft of shadows was the perfect spot for the portal room. They could have put up a little shrine like the Earthen Ring and made the portals around it or just made the portal room down there.

5. The Dazar’alor portals. After leveling my Alliance characters I realized that the Horde is get shafted here. With the Alliance the portal room, mission table, warfront, island stuff and pretty much everything else is all located in or near Tradewinds Market on the Boralus harbor. The portal room and bank in Dazar’alor is located in the temple by the Great Seal at the top. The scrapper and professions trainers are next to the same temple but right at the bottom. The mission table, island expedition and warfront stuff is is located down by the Dazar’alor harbor. So what is the Horde on a fitness training program or do they need more experience flying on a flight master mount?

Atleast the Earthen Ring portals are still the same.

The Darkmoon people that pops up in Orgrimmar have always teleported you for free to the staging area (right outside the entrance portal to Darkmoon).

There is also a portal to Orgrimmar in Dazar’alor.

Be happy about this. Ever noticed that it might be slightly laggy in Boralus? This is why, they have everything in one area and the players aren’t spread out.

Dazar’alor? No lag, because everyone is spread out from the top to the port.

That is good news at least.

Did not really notice any lag in Boralus then again our connections here in South Africa are 250ms ping in any case and therefore I still can’t say I am happy about.

Yeah, on Argent Dawn it’s a wee bit of lag whenever I’m even close to Boralus, even if I’m like 2-300 yards from that area as Horde.

Depends on the server size as well of course, and AD is big with 70:30 Alliance-Horde ratio, or something like that.

1 Like

My Alliance hunter is on Argent Dawn and I don’t notice any significant lag in Boralus.

Lucky you then!

I don’t lag a lot or anything, but It’s noticeable.

1 Like
  1. Alliance doesn’t have portal to Ironforge there.

2. Again it’s exactly the same thing for the Alliance

3. They’ve been doing this with every expect and then suddenly they stopped. It created problem that it was way more beneficial to have your hearthstone set up in Pandaria for 3 expansions. And they don’t want all the traffic to go through the portal room.

4. I guess that was place with enough room to put it. Putting the shrine wouldn’t be a good solution because the room has to be expandable so you need some room for the future portals.

5. It’s annoying but the cities and the stories were desinged differently. In case of Horde you are welcome with opened arms in Zandalar so they give you room in the pyramid while Mission table and IE stuff has to be in the harbor becaue it’s ship related. For the Alliance you aren’t realy welcome in Kul Tiras at the start. Only dockmaster is friendly to you so he allows you to settle there.

I think you must have missed the big discussion when the changes were announced.

There was also a really handy wowhead article explaining how to get about after the changes.

They have read the feedback and in the latest Q&A stated they will be adding in a portal to CoT as that seems to cause the most issues.

What will be done to address the removed portals?

They don’t want to rehash the reasons which they already posted on the forums. There are valid reasons. With every expansion they’ve removed some portals.

They’ll be adding a Caverns of Time portal that takes you directly into the central Nexus. There’s also another UI update coming soon which will help you travel to another continent when an quest is tracked on another continent.

I think most players have covered your specific issues.

No one has them.

Orcs aren’t known for their intelligence.

Boralus isn’t a glorious gold pyramid designed to be a raid.

Nope, never experienced lag in Boralus. You might as well check with your internet service provider.

Nothing to do with it, since that’s the only single area I have it in, nowhere else.

I’d say it’s the TRP addon, I usually turn it off if I’m using AH at peak hours.

Well, thing is, I don’t even play alliance.

I notice (very) slight lag when Im as far as that pirate place you spawn at when you take boat to Tiragarde as Horde. It’s not a big deal or anything, but I def notice it compared to other areas.

Tbh removal of karazhan and cavern of time(we had it for 10 years wtf) is hurting more,while i have all mounts from dragon soul i cant imagine running there with 14 chars now

The heirloom vendor sells toys that are account bound that unlock some flight paths per zone. There are 4 books that cost 10k gold each.

Alliance is Surviving Kalimdor & To Modernize the Provisioning of Azeroth

Horde is Walking Kalimdor with the Earthmother & and The Azeroth Campaign

I know this doesn’t solve all portal issues but I find them a great help as a fresh character. One of the flight paths is for Thunder Bluff.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.