Possible merge with Darkmoon Faire / Earthen Ring?

Hello.
So basically I once did some maths with the numbers from Realm Pop (all characters, from all levels 1 - 120) and this is what I got:

Darkmoon Faire / Earthen Ring - 126 682 characters

Moonglade / Steamwheedle Cartel / The Sha’tar - 170 743 characters

And now for a little comparison…

Argent Dawn - 440 319 characters

So this means that even if we merge Darkmoon Faire / Earthen Ring with Moonglade / Steamwheedle Cartel / The Sha’tar we still don’t get as many people as Argent Dawn, but we would form a much healthier server population wise, as currently 1 is dead and the other is Medium but honestly I don’t see that many people when I play there either. Only when I play on Argent Dawn I feel like I’m playing on an active server.

Sharding does not solve anything as we still can’t all play together in guilds and such, it’s all an illusion to make us believe the world is alive and that we can play on our servers without worrying. Most people on Warmode are from Argent Dawn if you care to notice.

If we merge we get 126 682 + 170 743 = 297 425, which is much better for both of us if it happens.

What you guys think?

8 Likes

Should’ve been done a long time ago, but Blizzvision doesn’t care.

5 Likes

Are you sure they wouldn’t care? Has there been a recent history of unresponsiveness to the community (other than putting flying behind a silly gate)?

I’m asking sincerely because my time with WoW has been inconsistent over the years. This seems like a good suggestion; I hope that it would be considered.

5 Likes

A merge of these two groups have been brought up several times in the last year or two, both on the forums and through their in-game suggestion feature. Both server groups have struggled with low population since Legion, especially the RP communities. It should be pretty obvious that a merger would be healthy for the community (not just with us, but for all low/medium populated servers). Especially our RP community has suffered because of the dwindling population. Most new players interested in RP goes to Argent Dawn, while several groups have transferred from SGC to AD as well (the same probably goes for ER/DF).
Ideally we’d have a merge, followed by a free-transfer from AD to our group.

5 Likes

What is the state of RP on ER/DMF? Are there any active guilds left? Any open community events?

While generally speaking I’ve always been strongly in favour of the SGC+ERDMF (Earthen Faire? Darkmoon Ring?) merge, I would like to see such merge actually rejuvenate the RP community rather than just double the amount of non-RPing guilds which only do PvE or PvP.

4 Likes

Yeah, the biggest difference between AD and SGC is that the majority of people you see running around on AD have MRP/TRP, while seeing one with an RP addon on here is a rarity, unless they’re in one of the five RP guilds on Horde.

1 Like

I can’t tell what the server is today, as I rarely see people doing anything.
But back when I joined ER (wasn’t even merged yet, was Medium), there was RP in it, as well as people that mostly did PvP, and also those that did PvE, it was pretty mixed, really.

1 Like

If their forum is anything to go by, I’d say the server as a whole is pretty fuçking dead. Considering that SGC is at Medium population and still feels fairly empty, them being at Low is far from a good sign.

2 Likes

Been campaigning for this with Blizzard even back when they were doing the original server mergers. Then 2 years ago at Blizzcon, Ion said new server mergers were incoming. They later confirmed this in Q&A. Then, 2 years of radio silence…

4 Likes

That is true.
Your ideia of free-trasnfer from Argent Dawn after the merge is done would really help.

It’s pretty rare to see people using RP addon on these servers because they are too low. If I want to RP I need to play my Argent Dawn characters…
Also Stormwind and Orgrimmar are empty, so no RP there.

1 Like

Might be some hope after all.

Q: Not too many people on my server - will we ever see more realm connections?
A: Yes. We need to look at this. Cross realm grouping helps but it’s not an adequate answer for mythic raiding or a server economy. We’ll look into it.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.