Pre-patch boosted character, heart of azeroth missing

My character was boosted in November before the launch of Shadowlands. The boost automatically cleared the intro questline to BfA, including Zuldazaar and Battle for Lorderon.

On the quest “Harnessing the Power” I realised that I do not have the Heart of Azeroth item in my inventory, equipped or in my bank.

The Earthen Guardian does not have the quest. There is no one in Sithilus that starts the quest. I have tried reloading UI, restarting the game and even reinstalling. It is not in my bank, bags or inventory. Wowhead does not have any answers at all. The Heart of Azeroth just doesn’t exist for my character.

I cannot progress through the BfA War Campaign due to being stuck on Harnessing the Power and now cannot unlock the Zandalari Trolls (my reason for even playing).

Is there any way to get the item, or even just someone giving me the quest so I can go do it myself?

The quest to get the HoA is now level 60 so you can’t do it until then.

So you are telling me I’m unable to do what is now considered old content because I have to do new content, that is completely unrelated to the old content, in order to obtain something that allows me to finish a questchain that is over a year old? That’s a little backwards.

I really don’t want to go through Shadowlands, so I guess I’ll just uninstall instead.

I don’t know why they did it, I was just informing you of it.

I suppose they think you should be doing shadowlands at 52 not doing old stuff.

Wait what? I thought the HoA quest is level 50 now (not 60), which was max level for BFA.

@Ulner: Wowhead says that, at least as of patch 9.0.1 (prepatch), the quest giver location had moved to Boralus (Alliance) and Dazar’alor (Horde):

The quests he starts are also flagged as “level 50”. Try going there to see if you can pick up the heart quests.

I don’t think that’s correct my dude. How would people who don’t buy the Shadowlands expansion (and have only BFA) do the heart quests? Wowhead says the quests start at level 50 from an NPC in Boralus / Dazar’alor.

Do you have a source that says they’re only available at 60?

as i read it, its available at level 50, not 60.

have you tried to disable your addons? addons like bagnon can sometimes cause trouble, or maybe some quest helper addons.

All addons turned off, even reinstalled the entire game from scratch and still nothing.

Refer to this image here: i.imgur. com/G9JlfeC.png

No one in Sithilus has the quest, the Earthern Guardian doesn’t have it and it’s not in my inventory and my bank is completely empty. It just doesn’t exist!

Did you try following the linked information?

To obtain the Heart of Azeroth you must complete the quest A Dying World. This quest requires your character to be level 50. The quest is pushed to you when you visit your capital city Boralus or Dazar’alor. There is no other requirement.

Yeah, I was wrong about the level and you only talk to that guy if you have abandoned the quest. Try leaving the city and coming back to it.

From reading other stuff it can be caused by your account still being classed as a “newcomer” account, boosting a character that has not played 30 hours.

I have jumped back and forth from Dazar’alor to literally all of the other cities to do the other Allied Race quests, never received a pop up for the quest.

I’ve only played for 27 hours total on this character so I’ll get back to you in 3 more hours and see if playtime is the issue or not.

That was just something I found by doing a forums search. I can’t confirm it anywhere else.

Hi Ulner,

The Shadowlands boost does not provide the heart of azeroth and players need to complete “A Dying World” in order to receive it.

That being said, there were issues around this quest and boosts that were fixed, but unfortunately the fix was not retroactive.

If you’re not able to pick up the quest from Magni in Silithus or your faction hub, then you’ll need to open a ticket to support - Game Masters should be able to fix up the quest line for you so you can gain the Heart of Azeroth as normal :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thank you for the responses.

I sent a ticket before posting here, but I’m expected to wait upwards of 25 days for a response. I guess I’ll just play on Alliance side until then!

The displayed ticket time is the average oldest ticket in queue. The actual time is 3-5 days.