Pre-Purchase the World of Warcraft®: The War Within™ 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition

Yeah, the shipping to Sweden was like 150€!

Insane.

7 Likes

I had two options in the checkout in EU Blizzard Gear Store: standard shipping for €41 and express for €114. Nothing surprises me at all in those prices. Priority letter postage cost €9 at my post office so €41 for parcel is not even high. I don’t must have this day one because of that I preordered digitally before, so I choosed standard shipping. Btw statue looks awesome :heart_eyes: I’m just afraid whether CE box will be the same as always and statue will be in different box or they change something in packaging. If I want to be honest I prefer standard CE box. Looks cool and will match previous expansions. Will see how will it looks like

1 Like

Let’s pray this time they select a reliable operator and it comes in a proper packaged box instead of not-packaged foamless box…

6 Likes

How do we apply the game code to our accounts if we don’t get it until December?

I believe the previous time they gave registered emails a code to play in advance. This is not to say they will do it again this time, but make sure to register the correct email at checkout if you’re ordering in the CE.

Edit: New confirmation; you will not receive a key in advance.

Preorder digitally and after redeeming CE code you will get refund to BattleNet balance for digital purchase

How can the shipping be 150 Euro to Europe? Whats up with these insane shipping prices?

6 Likes

If anyone was wondering, if your in the UK and ordering from the UK site, the shipping is £8.

99 euros shiping from within the EU to the NL ??? and 200 for the box seriously, i checked what i payed for DF 15.50 shiping and 129 for the box less then half total…
Is Ion personally gonna deliver it to my door or what for that price?

10 Likes

How on Earth can the shipping, non-express one, cost 99€?! Ubisoft ships on all the games and CE’s on same day (they usually leave NL warehouse at 6am and arrive by 4pm the same day in Finland to a doorstep) and it costs max 30€. Is this gonna be delivered on a Gryphon by a team of Thrall and Anduin themselves?

9 Likes

A silly question but is the CE from the UK store the EU version of the game?

Yes as the UK players also play in the EU region. They don’t sell the US version over there haha! The americans aren’t on our doorstep yet.

1 Like

Just making sure. Thanks.

This a wee bit too expensive for my tastes. I’ll wait a bit with buying the digital epic one (for about 1/3rd of the price) and see if they release a CE box without statue at a reduced price (and probably lower shipping costs). It wouldn’t surprise me after the community feedback.

Ahh I didn’t recieve an email, maybe it’ll come later.

A good idea. I have to say that I’m a sucker for these things and already bought and dished out the 300€ for this. I’ve all the CE’s since the first one and can’t let this one pass. But it is ridiculous nevertheless. I can somehow see why the 200€ is warranted on the CE itself, but the shipping costs are just abysmal.

1 Like

From almost all previous CE sales, if it’s sold out they generally don’t do a reprint. I would think carefully about this :C

Same here… I ordered it now too, mostly because I already have the rest of them and don’t want to leave the collection unfinished… But it kinda felt bad ordering it this time. Not sure if it was the 200 EUR price or the 100 EUR shipping, but this was the first time in 19 years that I almost didn’t buy it…

2 Likes

Blizzard is gonna have a warehouse full of unsold TWW collector’s edition.

At least make a version without the statue. I could not care less for it. But no way in hell i’m paying 100€ just for shipping. You are out of your mind Blizzard.

7 Likes

I’m really frustrated with the situation regarding pre-ordering The War Within Collector’s Edition. I’ve been a collector for a while now, and missing out on the Dragonflight Collector’s Edition was tough.

So, when I went to pre-order the next expansion’s CE from the Blizzard Gear store, I was shocked to see that the shipping cost was €280, with only one option available: “Express” shipping. Checking the UK store, the total cost was €253, even with potential customs taxes factored in, making it cheaper than the EU store.

Considering the box itself is €200, the total cost would come up to a staggering €480! Plus, they’ve even removed some items from the box. Does anyone know if there’s a chance the EU store will offer a reduction in shipping costs?

Proof:

Imgur

2 Likes