Predictions for the Entire Lore and Storyline of Dragonflight

Here’s my predictions for the entire storyline of Dragonflight. I’ve been thinking a lot about this, and am pretty sure this is all likely to be correct. (If not, it would definitely make an interesting storyline for an expansion.) :smiley:

• A 5th Old God will be revealed, that no one ever knew about. Having been imprisoned beneath the Dragon Isles for thousands of years, this will be the final boss of the expansion.

• The “awakening” of the Dragon Isles, (as explained in the cinematic) is actually Azeroth’s world soul calling out for aid, against the corruption of this 5th Old God. (This is also Azeroth’s way of calling the different dragonflights home again.)

• The reason the dragonflights had to hide the Dragon Isles from themselves in the first place, is so that the enemies fought during the Great Sundering, couldn’t use mind control to discover the location of the Dragon Isles.

• Queen Azshara will return, cleansed of N’zoth’s corruption, this time as an ally rather than an enemy. She will be a major lore character, aiding us in defeating this 5th Old God.

• One of the patches of the expansion, (before the final patch) will involve going back in time, and involving Nozdormu in some way. (The raid entrance will be at the Temporal Conflux, in Thaldraszus.)

• The final raid of the expansion will be themed around Titan architecture, similar to Ulduar, perhaps involving the Beacon of Tyrhold, and having us defeat the 5th Old God, whoever that is.

A lot of people thought Galakrond or Murozond would be the final boss, but in comparison to the threat of a 5th Old God, even these enemies seem almost harmless. I could be way off with all this, or maybe right on point. It will be interesting to see what happens. Dragonflight is seriously looking to be one of the best expansions there’s been in years. :smiley:

1 Like

5th old god is already revealed for years. It is obviously Xal’atath. I think she might Be a boss or play some part in DF. And Timetravel makes no sense, We already killed Murozond in the future, his fate is sealed, Unless there is another Murozond from alternate timeline or something. Time dragons are not Non-linear beings that exist beyound it., They are simply capable of moving within The timeline like we do in the space basicaly. If there is some timetravel Raid in DF, it will involve Alternate Timeline.

Since we don’t even know the final big bad guy aka Boss yet I predict it will bomb hard. After the masterpiece that was Shadowlands I doubt DF can save this game. This might as well be the final expansion.

It will be Cataclysm remake.
Legion was TBC/WOD remake
BFA was vanilla remake
Shadowlands was Wrath remake
Dragonflight will be Cataclysm remake and then we go to Pandaria remake.

The secret 5th Old God was G’huun and we have defeated him at the beginning of BFA. They could always come up with a 6th one though.

The Infinite Dragonflight will play a part in DF and Copeland-Danuser love retcons. Don’t take anything that happened more than six months ago in the game for granted.

G’huun was not an Old God. He was accidentally created as a failed experiment in Uldir. He’s not really much of a threat in comparison. I’m talking legitimate, original Old Gods, that are embedded into Azeroth, and have been for thousands of years.

It’s never actually been revealed, just speculated, up until now. Xal’atath IS the 5th Old God that will be revealed in Dragonflight. Pretty sure I’ve worked it all out now. In an interview with MrGM, Ion said that by the end of 10.0, we would “have a very good sense” as to who the final boss of the expansion will be. (He can’t confirm that it actually is, or it would be a spoiler.) Something is going to happen at the end of the Vault of the Incarnates raid, that will release Xal’atath, and the final boss of the expansion will be revealed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.