Premade vs Randoms situation in BGs

So every BG is Horde Premades vs Random Alliance players.
Win ratio feels like 80% for Horde, what a surprise, as they are premades and can choose their players beforehand.

Are Battlegrounds just supposed to be sh*t in SoD or what are the devs planning?

6 Likes

90% or more „premades“ are 3x5 completely random people with no gear check and just groups with one goal → to skip queues. Don’t ask me why you skip queues as a 5 man team but if you signup solo you wait 50+ min as horde.

6 Likes

Most of em do look at setup though. At least 1 healer usually.

If you think about it, it is kinda retarded what they did with the queue system. In phase 1 everyone was complaining about premades versus pugs. Now we have a system which doesnt queue full raids against pugs anymore, but gives 5 man priority over solo resulting in once again randoms playing against groups with at least 1 healer…

1 Like

No, was doing a lot of BGS and the majority just invites anything that is lvl 50.

No I do a lot of bgs as well and they look for healer specifically quite often.

1 Like

Not sure where and when … your not on Living Flame. And of healer and going with 5 dps in the end is also a different story.

I just want to make clear that horde premades are not premades slaughtering poor solo alliance players. I would even say queuing solo has an advantage.

I can assure you that there is almost always one team that’s not randomly built. As alliance you win games only when all those small premades are indeed truly random.

They just need to fix the queue algorithm really, their rework did the exact opposite of what was intended. But I’m not too surprised considering the SoD team is fully incapable of fixing other bugs they introduced themselves.

4 Likes

No gear check? Randoms? They are handpicked for the best setup, dont be naive

1 Like

“Just invite any fotm lvl50” shamans, priest in particular. Fixed it for ya.

My ungeared green wearing horde feral druid don’t get in premades. You will find plenty of LFM shaman / priest heal / sp / boomie. So at least on Wild Growth EU, yes, horde premades and optimised comps and absolutely not random.

4 Likes

Haha, you really want your enemies to be the hand picked Korean pro gamers. If you feel better because of this I don’t want to destroy your illusion :wink:

1 Like

I play horde,there are lots of peopel just looking for 5 man to pop queue faster, i play smth like 2 hunters-shaman-2 rogues almost all the time,lol,ofc there are some people looking for a proper setup,but majority just takes everyone into grp if u are not full green geared xD

1 Like

Bottom line is that having a premade with potential handpicking has a big advantage over random solo queuers that can end up in a team with the worst classes and the worst gear.

The real question is, why are SoD devs planning it to be like this? I mean there must be a reason to make 5 man Horde groups have faster queues than solo players?

What is the reason? It better be a good one, because it kills battleground fun.

1 Like

The solo queue on Horde is absolutely destroyed at this point. I waited 2 hours, I even forgot I was in queue, was farming Furbolgs for rep in Felwood, and got a queue pop.

I ended up joining a losing WSG where the enemy druid was hiding with the flag in an area out of bounds and people were saying the bg was going on for 40 min already and some decided to quit.

The system that was implemented earlier on that prevented randoms from seeing premades is doing more harm than good right now as it means if you queue solo you don’t get any action whatsoever.

And the workaround people found with queueing as 5 Horde side makes things seems as if Alliance is at a significant disadvantage when in fact that is the only way for Horde to queue atm.

The measure that was implemented to protect solo queue players from premades needs changes.

2 Likes

In my experience they are not as random as in callmeparis’ experience, but also not some sort of tryhard groups with discord et cetera. I guess experiences can differ?

Is this really true across all BGS though? In my experience alliances does lose most of AB, however in WSG they are absolutely dominating ATM. Lets not forget, the AB map heavily favors horde to begin with (LM-BS-FM triangle of kek).

Most of them are not real premades. Personally, I invite anyone who whisp to me just to wait 5 minutes instead of 1h. But yes, this queue system is atrocious for both horde and alliance and should have been fixed weeks ago, before pvp aura, before “class tuning” and everything else. It was implemented to avoid premades, and now we have a faction FORCED to join as a party and another that have to face this sh… It’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

That’s the definition of a premade.

If you don’t like it then get your team to play as a team, but that’s like herding cats.

I queue BG’s on both factions. It’s not just the advantage of a ‘premade group’, it’s that alliance gives up after first skirmish most of the time. It’s in the mentality first and foremost from my experience. When Horde loses first BS fight they go to hell and back to recover and eventually win anyway. When Ally get stomped they just afk at ST. Horde also communicates constantly in raid warnings and seems to have better awareness of objectives, defense/offense etc whereas alliance players mostly just play for themselves doing their own thing.

2 Likes

Unless you only queued solo or premade on both factions this is simply an useless opinion

I que solo on both factions and he is right.

it sucks having to find a group to enter bg. it also creates the problem of 3x5 premade groups facing off against solo queuers.

i don’t understand how one manages to curb premades while creating more premades in the process. paradoxical to the max.

the fact the queue system rewards premading more than ever is pretty bad ngl.
it also sucks if you’re looking to just chill and solo queue without being forced to deal with the sweats who may or may not be on a mission to maximize honor/rep gains and end up “getting in their way”.

this is just the horde perspective though, i can imagine how much this sucks as an alliance player… its honestly a minor inconvenience as a horde player, but its absolutely unbearable as an alliance player. i can only imagine how soul crushing it is to lose basically 100% of your games no matter how hard you try, all because the opposite team gets an unfair advantage in that they basically get to build a perfect roster before going up against a pug who may not even have a single healer…

just awful overall.

simplest solution is same-faction bgs tbh. worked like a charm during TBC classic when horde had enormous queue problems as well, which was only made tolerable by the fact we won the majority of the bg’s we did get into as a result of people wanting to actually maximize their honor gains once they got to play… combined with a demotivated alliance team who get instant queues resulting in “just let them win, go next” mentality spreading with the ferocity of the covid virus.