Preserved Contaminants - "This item cannot be modified"

Just tried to add Expedient 3 to my alt’s Corrupt Gladiator’s Band and get the error message “This item cannot be modified”. The item has a socket and has been upgraded from 445 to 455 with Warlord’s trophy. I know these PvP reward rings can be corrupted as I already have two with corruptions. Is it the Warlord’s trophy that’s caused the problem? Is there a list somewhere of items that can’t be corrupted, because I haven’t been able to find one yet.

Edit: I submitted a bug report for this yesterday so hopefully it’ll be hotfixed soon. Annoying, as I’m sitting on nearly 1k dps increase that I can’t use because of the bug.

7 Likes

Same here, i got 2 pvp items with no corruption on it. I cant corrupt them with preserved contaminant: versatile. I dont have much gear or options so any solution to this?

Had the same happen was really perlex when it told me item can not be modified? tried relogging cause i thought it was just bugged since i just got an item from my 500 conquest point reward and it didnt work.

This is fixed now (at least for me). Managed to apply the Preserved Contaminant to my Corrupt Gladiator’s Band.

A hotfix fixed this for me. I can now apply corruption to gear acquired from conquest points.