Pretty fun how patch notes don't work

Isn’t it fun when Blizzard introduces a broken system which provides free gear to Alliance once a week? Wasn’t it hilarious to see them gank Dazar’Alor on a daily basis in their 40 man raid group and finish the quest in 5 minutes because guards don’t exist?

I thought it was hilarious when Blizzard stated in patch notes that Alliance could no longer complete their “free gear per week” quest in a raid group so they could only be a maximum of 5 players.

Now what I find hard to understand is why there’s always an Alliance raid group running around during invaions and doing quests while killing horde players. Isn’t it strange how they are running around in a 10+ raid group and doing the quests while killing horde? It’s almost like the quests are counting for Alliance even though they are in a raid group. But that can’t be possible because you said you fixed it. So either they get progression for the quests while in a raid group or Alliance are seriously messed up in the head thinking they get progress for quests in a raid group and then using Flightmaster’s Whistle to fly off when they’ve killed a rare elite in said raid group.

Thanks for making such a balanced and fair game. I completely understand that Alliance should be allowed to be 10+ people for a quest whereas Horde can only be 5+ considering the skill difference between the 2 factions (and let’s not forget that Alliance must be given free gear every week to even have a chance at competing with horde). Unfortunately it’s very hard to win a 20v5 matchup even if you’re the best 5 players in the world.

They were likely in multiple 5 parties. Lfg had multiple 5 man groups titled “25 Kills quest”, etc. at all times. Sometimes I like to start a raid anyway, just to help cull your excess non wpvpers.

Anyway, no kill quest now. For all we know it won’t be back. That was just a mechanism to quickly rebalance the wm player types. So far, looks like it has worked very well, but rebalancing still in progress. Interesting to see this awesome bonus system in action.

people generaly follow eachother in groups anyway, its the herding instinct.
Though Yeah blizzard messed up alot. First the sharding problems resulted in alliance feeling outnumbered so alot of them turned off (usualy the ones who dont like PVP, but some that probably felt unfair) which made them under represented and complained to blizard about it.

Then to try and balance that they implemented systems to reward the under represented faction. A increase in percentage which is a good idea. But also messed up by having a quest that rewarded them for killing horde, first messed up by letting it be doable in a raid followed by later rewarding a heroic peice of raid gear in its first week.

What happened anyone who can use a bit of reason would have seen coming. Mass grouping up till they outnumbered the horde, then attacking areas where they were least defendable leading to mass gank raids to the point blizzard had to implement more and stronger guards to elivate the problem they themselves started.

Not blaming the alliance as the system was all there to be abused and blizzard failed to realize that by using even a ounce of imagination and planning.

Fast rebalancing was required. The kill quest item when it was 400 ilvl triggered a spike in alliance wm on, hunting the easiest horde targets.

Many horde non wpvpers have turned off wm, factions are closer in player type balance now at 15% bonus. I wm a lot, and have noticed wpvp is better now. More likely to be up against wpvpers than free 10%ers. And numbers seem good. This is mostly because of that kill quest and 400 item.

It’s working, so far. That’s a good thing. Getting gear in bfa is easy, the kill quest item was just a necessary mechanism for fast rebalancing. It worked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.