Priest status in arena and m+

What is the reasoning behind the nerfs in pvp?

There are 4 priests in the top 100 EU 3v3 leaderbord, and 6 in the top 100 US. We are underpresented. Why can’t disc have that little burst, that makes it fun to play? Do i have to reroll /afk healer? Same in 2s. There are 7 priests in the top 100 EU - underrepresented here too.

Sure, i understand some of the nerfs that has to do with raiding. But then please buff pvp-talents. Or change something else up, that doesnt ruin m+ and arena.

Why does everything have to be tuned to mythic raiding, when most people do the more casual content like m+ and arena?

Same with m+, we’re even less viable there now. Same goes for shadow. Holy i’m not even going to talk about.

If there is more than an explanation than “Priest had too much burst” i’d like to hear it. Because its not true. If the burst was too strong. The ladder would be dominated by discs.

2 Likes

Wild guess but it just due to raiding. They want it to be tuned towards healing and less through dmg but if I not mistaken that is what Disc suppose to be. I am really confused with these changes as well. When it comes to M+ and PvP ladders currently other healers bring much more atm. They could just nerf dmg and increase Atonement healing but now it fells like we got double shafted.

meanwhile my friend paladin healer is doing 34k dps on +18 keys tyrranical bosses. No problemo.

Another thing. Why can’t we use Breath of the Drying in discipline spec? What’s up with that?

This patch overall doesn’t look finished,there have to be more then what we got atm in small
little chunks.

LIterally the most boring and unenjoyable playstyle since disc priest was a thing.

Like i’m serious. I never felt that bad and had less fun playing priest. You’re just a DPS bot. What happened to disc having amazing shields while being able to provide good offensive pressure.

1 Like

As a shadow priest last night I got rejected so many times even for lower keys around 6-7… Thank god finally some warrior had mercy and took me for a 5 key underrot!

4 Likes

I never though I would say this, but I miss the WoD Discipline

Talking about M+, RaiderIO shows us the following stats for overall Timed keys in Season 4 to date:

Holy Paladins - 17.9%
Resto Shaman - 13.1%
Mistweaver - 16.7%
Resto Druid - 33.4%
Priest Holy - 10.7%
Priest Disc - 8.2%

GG priest healers xDD

At least you get the Holy Nova traits :x

The nerf was due to raiding. But sadly since disc was already struggling in PvP and needed some love, the nerf now makes things fatal.
Ive never struggled to stay alive so much as I have the past couple days.
I feel like a squishy tomato and it makes me sad since I love my priest.

Imagine having two healer specs unlike every other class and they’re both weaker still than all the others.

1 Like

Fine in m+ as long as you play with geared Blood dk or Veng DH tanks. Otherwise pretty bad.

And in addittion be the class focused on healing with the weaker healing…we cant revive in combat haha.

The more time it pass, the more I think thhat they should give mind control to both healing spec and make it similar to DK: you can “tame” an humanoid and make it your pet. And the CD being slower than the duration of the spell to be able to keep it more or less permanent.

That, beside be funny (you control him with the power of the faith! (or the Old Gods fufufu)), should provide us with some utility and the damage we BADLY need. Also will be finally something unique for the class (holy has pretty much nothing unique to provide)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.