Private server holds 12k ppl, why are Blizz servers with 3000 and insane queues?

As the title says, a freaking Private Warmane server holds 12k people (24,000 on 2 servers) at once, why are Blizz servers with 3000 players limit and 10,000 in queue? I am tired of paying and waiting 6 hours in queue for a game that’s 15 years old.

And since this is happening, at least start few more servers and allow free transfers. Even worse, I can’t even play the retail while in the damn queue that lasts 6 hours.

I know fan boys will attack me but why should any of you pay for it, you are just supporting the ignorant management team and incompetent server administrators. And yes, you should address your anger on the forums and every possible place because YOU are paying for it.

9 Likes

I think a layer is around 10k

5 Likes

but seriously answer is retail > pirate always ><

No a layer is the same as the realm,its just a virtual image of the realm to the server.So its 3k capped.

3 Likes

Well they said it was double the capacity, not just 100% of it.

Maybe you missunderstood what they meant.I do think that we are on 15k server,1realm+4layers witch makes it 3k+4x3=15k pop

Since from retail i know that Draenor and Silvermoons pop capp around 15k on launches…and the api hoes havoc durring those times and we have mail/bank/ah lags.So its a safe estimate.

1 Like

I agree, not that I support pirate but just a thought that it is possible, it’s just that Blizzard does not want to do it in their own game. And the pirate would not exist if the game from 15 years ago would be free to play. With the server power available today, I say it’s possible to go even above what Warmane has achieved.

Uh there’s definitely more people playing than queueing or queues would never go down at all.

Maybe they changed the size of layers since the blizzcon interviews last year but I am 100% sure there is lots of layers not just 4. Atleast 20

M8 are you listening what you your self are talking?By your logic 20 layers and you said that each layer is 10k pop capped? WoW with that has like 20M subs(you sure your not Recolector? xD some people will get this joke) 30 servers on EU all capped and queed do the math.

On a serious note.They made them the same as realm size,virtual image of the realm.

2 Likes

Uh nice maths

Either way, not cool to sit here without solution, it’s not the customers who needs to take the damage :slight_smile:

Cant say I agree. Queues are the customers choice.

Agree(given how long it takes them to fix the situation).They should consider opening 5 maybe even more servers and offer to people from high server FCM to those,also lock down the high pop ones.
They need to think how to prepare the realms for phase 2(no layers) and realms that are already holding 15k pop + 10k quees,how do you downsize those to 3k?
Not to mention i still have friends who will come to the game latter on.

1 Like

Being able to queue classic whilst playing retail is a bad idea. If you can’t login at a low queue time then I suggest you wait a while and come back when some people have got bored & quit because blizz is being very quiet atm.

Blizzard have said a Medium Classic Realm has a considerably larger cap than a Vanilla Realm had. And this was before they increased the caps further. So they are probably triple the size or more compared to a Vanilla Realm.

When they remove Layering they will likely restrict the cap a lot closer to the Vanilla cap, as that is what the game was designed for. Keep in mind the Vanilla caps were a game design decision and not a technical limitation. They could have had higher caps but chose not to in order to create a specific experience.

They would need about a hundred Realms in EU if they were using the original caps right now.

1 Like

citation needed.

Where has this 3000 max players number come from? Based on what Ion Hazzikostas said to Forbes, the number is higher.

From all places I was able to find few days ago it was said that the previous limit of 2500 was up to 3000. Even if it’s double = 6000 which I highly doubt, it’s still very low compared to what it can be in 2019. As a reference I have mentioned a private server that achieved 12,000 per server without any problems, without layers or anything. And in the end, I am not supposed to do research on how many people a server can hold, it’s their job, it’s something that should be done in beta.

Yeah neither 2500 nor 3000 as a realm cap has ever been mentioned from any official source I can tell you that much.

They did say however a while back that even a medium-population realm in Classic was going to be more than twice the amount that was a full realm back in vanilla, not that it mentions anything with concurrent active players.

1 Like

relax warmane numbers are fake

1 Like