Proactive Prot Styles Explained

Hi Guys

I’ve been doing more reading and research on the prot warrior and one phrase I keep seeing is that the prot warrior has to be more proactive than other types of tanks. I’m a bit confused by this, so far (lv 46 now) I’m using shield block and ignore pain and if I start seeing my damage intake higher I use shield wall etc to allow the healer to help more.

Can you give some example of this proactive style? I maybe misunderstand.

1 Like

Protection warrior is the most… how i can say it , “fast paced” tank out of all. For example while you’re playing a prot paladin , all you need to do is place down your consecration and press your buttons while prot warrior needs to leap and charge left and right , taunting , intervene your teammates etc. Its way more fast paced than the older versions of prot warrior , because of the shadowlands legendary reprisal.

proactive means that you use ur buttons before something happens :slightly_smiling_face: like this:

  • activate block before the mobs hit you - so dmg gets reduced
  • reflect before the spell is done… so you take less dmg or reflect it
  • …

other tanks like bdk acting alot after they take dmg - to heal themself up.

1 Like

Hi

OK, now I’m clearer I try my best to play this way so spell reflect is cast during the mob cast bar. I agree the warrior is very fast paced, I fun it fun but also mental at times, I just dinged lv 50 so about to start tanking SL normal dungeons.

1 Like

May the Gods mercy us..
:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.