Probably an unpopular take

Yea, but that’s beside the point. The point was never about damage, it was about gameplay.

But what is the gameplay really? The spell has never had particularly large damage since it was added to the game, the only improvement is the slow movement speed where it follows mobs but it’s still just lacking in any excitement factor.

It could be good, but I don’t think it has ever been an exciting ability and you have to consider tuning because it has always been tuned such that it doesn’t have the impact that Bladestorm has, it was good because it just about outshone the other talents on single target.

It’s usually been a decent talent choice, but never exactly had a huge impact on the game like Bladestorm.

1 Like

Well, ravager itself is more fun than bladestorm, but i never said that it was a great ability, i don’t get why you think that bladestorm had a huge impact on the game, aside from the “flavor” thing, but i think people are looking at it from a point of view of fanboys to be completely frank.

You’re not looking at the actual merits of the ability, because if you were, then you would realize that ravager is basically bladestorm but improved for the most part.

Aside that, iv’e already given the solution a couple of posts above, on how to make ravager/bladestorm objectively better from both a gameplay and damage point of view.

Well with ravager you place it down and forget about it, it does some small/medium damage and gives you some rage, main purpose currently is for signet procs. Bladestorm on the other hand replaces the rotation but you control the positioning of it to try for maximum damage.

Bladestorm has an impact because it’s tuned as a big burst AOE, Ravager isn’t a large contribution by itself. In previous expansions for example WOD when it was added you’d just throw it down as more like a min-max damage ability, rend ticks in the base rotation did equal/more damage per tick than Ravager which was a cooldown.

In Castle Nathria the main purpose of it was to throw it down to get signet procs and you’d have more rage to pump, but the ability itself was secondary, it would do something like 4-5% of your damage including the fact you always used it with full cooldowns, your damage trinkets would be doing 2-3% by themselves.

Even in terms of feelings and gameplay I don’t think ravager sounds like an actual ravager, it’s just a spinning blade after all not even filling my rage bar. At least Bladestorm does fill my rage bar which I can cancel anyways.

Ravager is a click and forget spell :man_shrugging: it is about as boring as Blizzard/RoF is.
Bladestorm makes me feel powerfull, beyblading about and slaying monsters in a mass AOE pull feels amazing!

Even if they make Ravager too follow you, I never was a fan off drop and forget AOE skills, makes the game so bland :man_shrugging:

Ravager is the home-brand varation off Bladestorm :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.